REPORTS TO: STORE MANAGER
Boot Barn is where community comes first. We thrive on togetherness, collaboration, and belonging. We build each other up, listen intently, and implement out-of-the-box ideas. We celebrate new innovations, congratulate one another’s achievements, and most importantly support each other.
At Boot Barn, we work together to make a positive impact on the world around us, and by working collectively with encouragement, we consider ourselves “Partners.” With the values of the West guiding us, Boot Barn celebrates heritage, welcomes all, and values each unique Partner within our Boot Barn community.
Our vision is to offer everyone a piece of the American spirit – one handshake at a time.
Our Sales Associates engage with customers and create an exceptional in-store experience. They embody Boot Barn’s Mission, Vision and Values in their words and actions while demonstrating selling and service expertise, product knowledge, visual merchandising presentation skills and strong point-of-sale proficiency.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Foster a service and selling culture; exceed overall expectations to build long-standing customer relationships.
- Become an expert in our product categories; understand and communicate product knowledge (including features and benefits) to the customer.
- Maintain and achieve measurable goals, including units per transaction (UPT), average dollar per transaction (ADT), item add-ons and customer information capture rates.
- Be informed and understand current merchandise promotions and advertisements.
- Maintain company-merchandising standards and assist in floor moves, display maintenance, merchandising, sales set up, and store housekeeping.
- Assist with processing merchandise as well as monitoring and replenishing floor stock.
- Accurately and efficiently complete all sales transactions and maintain proper cash and media accountabilities at POS registers.
- Actively seek new ways to develop skills and improve metrics by partnering with the store leadership team.
- Adhere to all local, federal and state laws in addition to Company policies, procedures, and practices.
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned by management.
- Demonstrates high level of quality work, attendance and appearance.
- Strong communication, customer service, time management and organizational skills.
- Customer Centric/Sales Driven – Assesses customer experience within the store and promotes a culture of customer engagement. Is attentive to customers and understands their needs, offers products that are aligned with the consumers’ expectations. Continually searches for ways to improve customer service.
- Ensure Effective Communication - Listens carefully and attentively to others' opinions and ideas. Communicates information clearly, concisely, and professionally.
- Establish Trust - Follows through on commitments. Is honest and direct with others. Promotes a culture of respect for, commitment to, and compliance with Company values, beliefs, and standards. Ensures the protection of confidential information.
Boot Barn Benefits & Additional Compensation Opportunities
- Competitive hourly rate plus selling incentives (SPIFFS) and monthly store sales bonus.
- Merchandise discount: 50% off of Exclusive Brands and 40% off of third-party brands.
- Paid Time Off plan for year-round Boot Barn Partners.*
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance.*
- 401(k) plan with generous company matching.
- Flexible schedules and work/life balance.
- Opportunities for growth at every level – we are opening 50+ new stores each year.
*For eligible Boot Barn Partners
In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by a Partner to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Standing, walking and squatting less than fifty percent of the work shift.
- Required to lift, move and carry up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation and reports.
- Must be able to see, hear and speak in order to communicate with partners and customers.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Manual dexterity required using hands to finger; handle, feel and type; reach with hands and arms.
[ ] Sedentary: Limited activity, no lifting, limited walking
[ ] Light: Office work, some lifting, bending, stooping or kneeling, walking
[ X ] Moderate: Mostly standing, walking, bending, frequent lifting
[ ] Arduous: Heavy lifting, bending, crawling, climbing
In general, the following conditions of the work environment are representative of those that a Partner encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job within the environment.
- The workspace is clean, orderly, properly lighted and ventilated with the proper safety compliance.
- Noise levels are considered moderate.
Boot Barn, Inc. reserves the right to make exceptions to modify or eliminate this document or its content. This document supersedes all previous policies, procedures or guidelines pertaining to this subject.
Our core value of community bands us together in supportive and inclusive ways to drive our collective success. Boot Barn provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national or ethnic origin, veteran or military status, disability, as well as any other protected status under the law.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) - Boot Barn will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required by applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Boot Barn Store or Distribution Center or reach out to Human Resources at 1-949-453-4400, Option 5.