PSEG Company: PSEG Services Corp.
Salary Range: $ 67,500 - $ 128,300
Incentive: PIP 10%
Work Location Category: Remote Local
PSEG operates under a Flexible Work Model where flexible work is offered when job requirements allow. In support of this model, roles have been categorized into one of four work location categories: onsite roles, hybrid roles that are a blend of onsite and remote work, remote local roles that are primarily home-based but require some level of purpose-driven in-person interaction and living within a commutable distance, and remote non-local roles that can be effectively performed remotely with the ability to work in approved states.
PSEG offers a unique experience to our more than 12,000 employees – we provide the resources and opportunities for career development that come with being a Fortune 500 company, as well as the attention, camaraderie and care for one another you might typically associate with a small business. Our focus on combatting climate change through clean energy technology, our new net zero climate vision for 2030 and enhanced commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion; and supporting the communities we serve make this a particularly exciting time to join PSEG.
This is a "Project" position designed to support project work for a limited duration. While the exact duration of the project is yet to be determined, we currently anticipate a period of 3-5 years based on business needs at the present time following which you will separate from the Company. It is important for you to understand that this period may be shortened based on business needs in the future, at which point you will separate from the Company. It is also important for you to understand that this employment is of a limited duration and that you will not be entitled to separation benefits under any PSEG plan at the time you separate from the Company. Director Level approval and waiver will be required for you to bid on other PSEG opportunities within the first 3 years of assignment. From year 4 through the end of your assignment, Director level approval and waiver will not be required. If your assignment ends prior to the anticipated timeframe based on business needs, you will be allowed to bid on other PSEG opportunities without Director level approval from the time you are notified your assignment will be ending through the end date of the assignment.
Please note this is a multi-level position in PSE&G's Utility Technologies department. The title and level assigned to the successful candidate will be determined by assessing skills, knowledge, related experience, scope and number of projects managed learned through the interview process.
This position is a direct report to a Technology Product Owner in the Smart Operations - Electric Outage and Restoration Management product group. Business Analyst is responsible for business systems and how they align with user needs. Document requirements, establishes scope, objectives and determines strategy for implementing systems to achieve business goals includin gathering and prioritizing customer requirements and working closely with business functions to ensure customer satisfaction goals are met. Primary focus for this position will be the successful implementation of the Energy Strong II Grid Modernization subprogram such as Outage Management System (OMS) and associated advanced storm management tools of the Advanced Distribution Management System (ADMS).
Job Specific Qualifications
- Own functional specifications and serve as a functional expert with a deep understanding of business needs on product capabilities by defining business requirements, performing quality assurance & define reporting and alerting requirements
- Help Product Owners in the continuous improvement of their products following Agile product development practices and procedures
- Collaborate with other members of the team and provide foundational support of all Service Now (SN) activities
- Facilitate and coordinate external benchmarking/best practice efforts and relationships with other business organizations
- Work with internal customers, including Operations and other distribution departments to develop tool requirements to achieve core business functions.
- Work with teams using Amazon Web Services to develop analytics and services supporting Distribution Operations requirements
- Assess and implement third party software solutions, such as OSII ADMS/OMS specifically designed for the restoration management of outages for distribution systems
- Prepare, maintain and administer various reports and systems through MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, Visio, Power Point, Project) as well as SQL, SharePoint and other various analytical AWS programming tools
- Coordinate and facilitate Sprint testing sessions and record testing results accordingly.
- Evaluate existing technology solutions and platforms and provides recommendations for improving productivity and performance
- Collaborate with IT stakeholders such as enterprise architects, software development, operations, cybersecurity and infrastructure to integrate applications and hardware
- Travel to various PSE&G locations may be required
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-6 years relevant experience within the information technology field.
- Without a bachelor’s degree, you must have 6-8 years of relevant experience within the information technology field.
- Experience working with a team
- Ability to work independently on most technical issues.
- 2+ years business systems analysis experience with proven experience on projects & project teams
- 1+ years proven experience with developing testing strategy for large complex projects
- Must maintain and apply working knowledge of PSEG business controls and meet management's expectations for effective internal controls
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or Computer Engineering
- Advanced degree, e.g. Masters of Information Technology
Please note that during storm/outage restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions different from normal operations and your regular work schedule. You may also be required to work in an alternate location.
Minimum Years of Experience
Bachelor in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is limited in who it can share this information with and in certain circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, if the position does require access to this information, you must complete a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization, due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an offer.
Candidates must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of diversity. Successful candidates must demonstrate and value differences in others' strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal choices.
As an employee of PSE&G or PSEG LI, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to 10 CFR Part 810 controlled information. If the position does require access to this information, the Talent Acquisition representative will provide further details upon making an offer.
PSEG is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legally protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics include race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.
Business needs may cause PSEG to cancel or delay filling position at any time during the selection process.
This site (http://www.pseg.com) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees. PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through emPower which can be accessed through sharepoint.pseg.com by clicking on the emPower icon, then selecting careers.
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES:
PSEG is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance applying for a position, please call 973-430-3845 or email email@example.com. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Any information provided regarding a disability will be kept strictly confidential and will not be shared with anyone involved in making a hiring decision.
ADDITIONAL EEO/AA INFORMATION (Click link below)
Know your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision