Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device.We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
As a Principal Software Engineer on the Engine team, you will have an immediate impact on the building blocks of Roblox itself. Your work will reshape the vision of our engine by bringing innovation in content reach, and enabling devices with different compute ability to work flawlessly. You will report to the Senior Director of Engineering in the engine organization.
- Educated: Bachelor's degree in a related computer science field. Masters and PhDs are a plus
- Experienced: You have 5+ years in computer graphics, real time rendering, or related fields
- Proficient: C++ with experience working on large complex code bases
- Proficient in openGL and ideally development in mobile ecosystem including openGL ES
- Knowledgeable: Understanding of modern real-time 3D engines, familiarity of mobile compute devices (GPU, CPU, NPU, DPU), and ideally knowledge of streaming technologies (compression, networking)
- Responsible: you take on project initiatives, partner with members across the larger organization, drive clarity and launch critical features into the RBX ecosystem Curious: you want to learn, and stay up-to-date on technology developments
- Drive projects from inception to launch
- Design and implement a new engine architecture
- Invent and and launch split rendering and acceleration technologies
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.