Schmidt’s Restaurant und Sausage Haus is looking for enthusiastic, high energy, prep cooks who enjoy a challenge. This is a full-time position that offers 30-40 hours weekly. Our family owned and operated business has over 130 years in the food service industry.
General responsibilities – Job overview
- Assist in food preparation, chopping vegetables, making salads, soups, and entrees
- Ensuring proper food storage
- Learning and following designated cooking methods and recipes to ensure consistency in menu items.
- Strives to learn to learn and improve cooking skills, expand knowledge of food products and techniques.
- Assist with cleaning, sanitation, organization of kitchen, walk-in coolers, and storage areas.
- Additional responsibilities as requested by the management team.
- Kitchen experience helpful, but not required
- Ability to take direction and work in a team environment
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Ability to stand and work 8–10-hour shifts
- Ability to lift 40 pounds to chest height
- Organized, friendly, and energetic
- Open availability for shifts Monday – Sunday as early as 8:00 am including evenings, weekends, some holidays (we are closed Christmas, Easter, and Thanksgiving)
- Reliable transportation
Why work for a Columbus legend?
We offer a great culture and team of people. We are a leader in the restaurant, banquet, food truck, fairs and festivals industry and have learned a thing or two about hospitality through the last 130 years! We will do everything we can to help you be successful. We believe everyone is a leader regardless of title and people (both team and guests) are our priority.
- Ability to receive overtime pay
- Free shift meal
- Team member discounts
- Eligible for health, dental, vision and life insurance after six months
- Eligible for 401k after one year
- Vacation accrual after one year
- Starting at $17.00 and up based on experience
- $150 Bonus after probation period (90 days)
- Up to $1 raise after probation period (90 days)
- Bonus after one year