Since 1925, Dignity Health Mercy General Hospital has been providing a wide range of health, social, and support services with special advocacy for the poor and underserved. The 419-bed facility includes the nationally recognized Dignity Health Heart & Vascular Institute and The Joint Commission-certified Stroke Programs. Mercy General Hospital also houses the first CARF- (Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities) accredited Acute Rehabilitation Unit in the region. Mercy General Hospital’s Alex G. Spanos Heart & Vascular Center is a state-of-art, four story addition that provides all cardiac services under one roof: Cardiac Rehabilitation, Cardiac Support Unit and Cardiopulmonary Services. It also includes: 71 private, family-friendly patient rooms, expanded 21-bed cardiac ambulatory procedure area and a highly advanced 20-bed cardiac surgery ICU. Additionally, Mercy General Hospital has achieved Level 4 Epilepsy Center designation.Responsibilities:
- Supervises nursing staff assigned to a particular shift. Assigns patients to available nursing staff, taking into consideration the patient's condition and the employee's skill level.
- Assesses, monitors, and educates the nursing staff on patient care. Institutes emergency procedures as necessary.
- Anticipates staffing needs and moves proactively to respond to them.
- Oversees stocking of supplies and updating patient records to ensure that the nursing floor is ready for subsequent shifts.
outpatient, ambulatory, surgery, main OR, OR, operating, supervisor, manager, RNQualifications:
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (e.g., ADN) and actively pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or other-related field (e.g., BSN/BBA/BHA).
- Minimum of two (2) years of clinical experience as a registered nurse.
- Registered Nursing License (RN) in state of practice
- BLS, other credentials or credential modules may be required.