- Provide technical guidance and training to Tier 1 operators.
- Serve as the escalation point for Tier 1 issues that cannot be resolved quickly.
- Provide on-call support for NOCC escalations after hours and during weekends.
- Configure and manage enterprise network infrastructure including deployment, monitoring, analysis, and troubleshooting.
- Configure and manage network monitoring tools (e.g. CA Spectrum, InfoBlox, Remedy).
- Perform root cause analyses to determine plans of action for restoring customer’s services.
- Assist with Tier 3 projects including deployment of site upgrades.
- Interface with field technicians, vendors and customers on equipment and site activations/moves.
- Work with management to determine network trends and recommend future fixes/enhancements.
- Create and update network documentation that includes: diagrams, reports, and inventory.
- Lead various network projects/implementation efforts.
- This position is part of an onsite 24x7x365 NOCC environment where working rotating shifts is an essential function of the position as required by business needs. Workday schedule flexibility is required.
- This position is not eligible for remote work due to secure network access requirements.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities considered:
- Experience managing and tracking tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated experience with verbal and written communication, as well as analytical skills.
- Experience performing Splunk data analysis and developing queries.
- Experience developing Cisco eem applets.
- Ability to write scripts via PowerShell, python, etc.
- Experience with RF communications.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunications, Engineering, Networking, Information Technology or related field with 4 years’ of prior related experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associate’s Degree with a minimum of 6 years of prior related experience.
- Minimum of (4) Years' experience in a Network Engineering environment.
- CCNA Certification is required.
- Minimum of (2) Years' experience with Cisco IOS, Multicast, HSRP and OSI layers 1 – 4 (e.g. Ethernet, TCP/IP, Optical, TDM, BGP, ISIS, OSPF, EIGRP).
- Minimum of (2) Years' experience working with Long Term Evolution (LTE), VPN, and DMVPN technologies.
- Minimum of (2) Years' experience working with Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) and Network Management System (NMS) applications used to monitor networked devices.
- Required to periodically travel up to 10% to support ground station site deployments across the country.