Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, or a related Science, Engineering or Mathematics field. Also requires 5+ years of job-related experience, or a Master's degree plus 3 years of job-related experience. Agile experience preferred.
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Department of Defense TS/SCI security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.Responsibilities for this Position:
Developing mission-critical systems that help keep people safe is what we do. At General Dynamics Mission Systems, you’ll be part of the team that helps heroes make a true impact. The work we do is important. The challenges we face are career-defining. The opportunity we can offer is one-of-a-kind.
We apply advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, AR/VR, Cloud Native and Quantum Physics to solve our customers’ missions in cyber, RF, undersea, interstellar space and everything in between.
As an Undersea Advanced Systems Network Engineer, you’ll participate in requirements analysis and management, functional analysis, performance analysis, system design, trade studies, systems integration and test (verification). It’s your chance to step up to the challenge and prove you’re ready to lead the world.
What you’ll experience:
- Technologies that aren’t just top-notch, they’re often top-secret
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring what’s next
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge - as it’s discovered
What you bring to the table:
- Strong knowledge of:
- Linux Administration
- Strong knowledge of systems engineering concepts, principles and theories
- Strong proficiency with requirements management & system modeling tools
What sets you apart:
- Scaled Agile Framework (even Scrum Framework would be nice)
- DevSecOps CI/CD Pipelines
- Exceptional communication skills with the capacity to get buy-in on concepts and ideas
- Creative thinking with the ability to multi-task
- Aptitude to quickly grasp and apply new information
- Effectively leads teams to the successful completion of major programs and projects
- Ability to interact with project teams, managers and end users
PREFERRED DEGREE TYPES AND EXPERIENCE:
- Arista Network Switchgear
- Leaf and Spine Network Topology
Minimum Salary:USD $102,500.00/Yr.Maximum Salary:USD $113,700.00/Yr.Salary Note:This estimate represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors (geographic location, etc.). Actual pay may vary.Company Overview:
Department of Defense TS/SCI security clearance is required within a reasonable time after being hired. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran