Reports to Member Service Center Manager and assists in the operation of the Member Services Team. Specific operational and member service activities as delegated by the Member Services Call Center Manager, including direct leadership responsibilities for the team members, as may be determined from time to time. Assumes full responsibility for the operations of the team during any absence of the Member Service Center Manager.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists Member Service Center Manager with leading team members in the member services area. Responsible for overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of team members.
- Carries out leadership responsibilities in accordance with Michigan First’s policies and procedures. Responsibilities include training team members, planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Develops plans for efficient use of materials, machines, and team members.
- Reviews production costs and product quality, and modifies production and service delivery methods to maintain and enhance profitable operation of team.
- Works directly with members, external persons and representatives of associated industries (i.e., SEG's) to evaluate and promote improved and expanded services in area.
- Establishes and evaluates metrics for assessing effectiveness and team member progress; implementing suggestions for improvements.
- Works with the Member Service Center Quality team to coach team members in complying with our Service Excellence standards.
- Drives the development and process enhancements in the Member Service Center.
- Keeps current on business trends to communicate market activities.
- Directs the preparation of team reports and schedules required by Senior Leadership and/or regulatory agencies.
- Performs such other duties as may be delegated by the Member Service Center Manager.
- Becomes/is an advocate of The Michigan First Way, supporting all facets of it, including complete fulfillment of Our Promise, 5 STARS Service, SOLVE IT and our ISMs. Fosters a positive demeanor and image through professional representation in all contacts with both, team members and members. Consistently reflects and displays each of our “ISMs” in daily job performance, as well as in all business interactions while executing on our goals and initiatives. Learns and utilizes EMEC (Every Member’s Experience Counts) in day-to-day responsibilities when communicating with members only.
Leads team members in the member services area. Is responsible for the assisting with the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of team members in the Call Center. Responsibilities training team members, planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Four days per week, 10 hours per day
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associate's degree or equivalent from two‑year college or technical school; plus at least three years of related experience and/or training at a leadership level in a financial institution and call center environment (i.e., Loan Manager, Call Center Manager, or Member Services Manager.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of all credit union services, operational policies and procedures, and is able to communicate this knowledge effectively to staff and members.
- Displays leadership ability plus a professional attitude and appearance at all times.
- Ability to adhere to all member standards as set forth by the credit union.
- Ability to read and interpret guidelines, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of team members of organization, as well as to members, salespersons and other external persons.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to operate a PC to access the credit union's financial system and member account information and to perform simple accounting tasks such as account reconciliation, access the Federal Reserve Account and the Corporate Credit Union account.
- Basic input, output, error correction, general ledger account structure knowledge essential to be able to perform the job.
- Some spreadsheet application knowledge desirable, but not absolutely essential.
Michigan First Credit Union was founded more than 90 years ago by educators and now delivers world-class service to more than 185,000+ members at our branches throughout Michigan, and we’re growing! We offer financial solutions for every life stage and seek to positively transform our members’ lives through personalized service that meets their unique needs.
Simply put, Michigan First Credit Union’s sole mission is to provide the highest quality member experience. Working here, you’ll get to participate in a strong culture centered around service, professionalism, and growth.
Michigan First highlights:
- 450+ team members
- 36 locations spanning the Lansing area, Grand Rapids and Metro Detroit.
- Industry leader in community support and charitable giving through the Michigan First Foundation
- Member Services Call Center operates 24/7/365
- Over $1 Billion in assets
Awards Michigan First Credit Union has been the proud recipient of:
- 2021 Credit Union of the Year by NAFCU (National Association of Federally-Insured Credit Unions)
- 2021 Channel 4 - Vote for the Best - Credit Unions (1st Place)
- 2021 Channel 4 - Vote for the Best - Mortgage Lenders (1st Place)
- 2021 Best & Brightest in the Nation
- 2021 Best & Brightest in Metro Detroit
- 2021 Best & Brightest in West Michigan
- 2021 Best Credit Unions to Work For
- 2021 Detroit Free Press Top Workplaces
- 2021 Crain’s Coolest Places to Work in Michigan
- 2022 Michigan Veterans Affairs Agency - Certified Veteran Friendly Employer - Bronze Level
Benefits and perks of joining our award-winning team include:
- Very competitive pay
- Low-cost medical, dental, and vision benefit options. Employer-paid life and disability insurance
- 401(k) - 100% match up to 5% deferral
- Tuition reimbursement for both Undergraduate and Graduate degree program
- Access to a complimentary concierge service that assists with nearly any item on your to-do list
- Free, state-of-the-art fitness center at our Lathrup Village headquarters with exercise equipment, showers and locker rooms
- Wellness initiatives and events throughout the year to help team members stay healthy
- Loan discounts for certain secured and unsecured loans and mortgages
- Opportunities for pay increases, incentives and profit-sharing, based on performance
- Onsite subsidized top notch Cafe 26 for team members' use
- Onsite bowling center
Michigan First Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer.