Delta Star is the largest, American-owned medium power transformer manufacturer in the United States and the premier manufacturer of mobile transformers and mobile power substations in North America. Delta Star has an immediate opening for Mechanical Design Engineer.
Full Time, Salary Position
Delta Star provides power solutions for utilities across North America. This includes the manufacturing of medium-power transformers, mobile transformers, mobile electrical substations, trailers, and unitized substations. We offer power transformers for utility applications including power and distribution, transmission voltages, system ties, and automatic voltage regulations, as well as industrial applications. Delta Star also provides comprehensive engineering, testing, maintenance services, and parts for any transformer manufacturer through our Field Service business unit, ensuring our customer's transformers and mobiles maintain peak performance.
This position provides Engineering leadership and design support for the mechanical parts of the transformer that emphasizes safety, quality, customer satisfaction, accuracy, productivity, cost reduction, housekeeping, efficiency, training, teamwork, and morale.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Responsible for generating 3d core& coil designs using EAP (engineering automation platform).
- Responsible for verifying the core & coil designs against the latest DSI standards and technical decisions.
- Responsible for generating the internal core & coil drawings (shop DWGS) and verifying for conformity.
- Responsible for creating the internal connection diagrams according to the transformer main nameplate.
- Responsible for the internal woodwork structure design and 3d leads routing using AUTODESK inventor futures.
- Responsible for creating internal layout drawing (shop DWGS).
- Responsible for supporting the production in regard to the released projects (providing missing dimensions/detail/aux. Views, etc.,).
- Responsible for generating the material usage file (csv file) for each assembly for importing to ERP system for material usage analysis and material ordering purposes.
Long term responsibilities:
- Responsible for generating the external part of transformer design using EAP (transformer tank).
- Responsible for generating the external tank drawings (shop DWGS).
- Responsible for generating plasma and wood routing machine programs for each project.
Education & Experience
- BA or BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the design of medium voltage power transformers or related field required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Proficient use of CAD software
- Highly experienced in power transformer design and test
- Familiar with power transformer basic materials, standards, and controls.
- Strong organization, time management and planning skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with tight deadlines.
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to deal effectively with people
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, ESOP, Life and Disability Insurance, Paid Time Off, Floating Holidays, and Sick Pay
AAP/EEO STATEMENT Delta Star is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.