The Manager is responsible for Quality and Services systems in the restaurant. Managers coach and train Donatos Associates to produce the highest quality food and to provide friendly and honest service. The Manager may open or close the restaurant in the absence of an Assistant General Manager or General Manager, ensuring a quality opening and/or closing by completing administrative responsibilities while maximizing the safety and security of our Associates, Customers and Assets.
Job duties and responsibilities
- Opens and/or closes the restaurant with proper administrative procedures and completes assigned paperwork.
- Manages the people, product, and equipment of the restaurant to deliver the Mission & Promise.
- Manages safety files and health and food safety binder for all Associates.
- Evaluate coupon usage and detailed altered sales report.
- Consistently completes required forms in DNET for product quality, credit card refunds, safety incidents, and other reports.
- Takes personal responsibility and ownership for managing Product Quality, Service, and Prosperity.
- Manages food, labor and costs through training and coaching.
- Acts in a timely and decisive manner to adjust staffing for business volume changes.
- Executes plans to improve customer satisfaction through regular utilization & communication of customer feedback program (SMG website), customer callbacks, and refining results to create improvement plans.
- Schedules & trains proper oven cleaning & maintenance within Donatos standards.
- Ensures shift execution (pre/post-shift checklists, game plans, and dough plans).
- Controls food cost components of waste, prep, weights, portioning, and theft during shifts.
- Interacts with and listens to customers attentively and enthusiastically.
- Ensures customers receive their orders accurately and within the quoted promise times.
- Anticipates the needs of the customers at all access points and removes existing or potential service barriers.
- Displays caring and empathy for customers and follows correct steps when resolving complaints.
- Ensures the team delivers all elements of Donatos Service Behaviors.
- Contributes to the team morale by displaying enthusiasm and commitment by word and action.
- Uses job aids including Donatos-U to properly train and reinforce Associates to execute Donatos standards and processes to understand their roles in fulfilling the Mission, Promise, and Values.
- Understands and coaches the principle drivers for People, Promise and Prosperity (positive environment, scale usage, etc.).
- Models performance standards (primary responsibility to direct & coach, secondary responsibility to assist).
- Demonstrates, trains, and enforces operating norms, including but not limited to uniform policy, attendance, safety procedures, cleanliness, utilizing Progressive Performance Coaching when necessary and escalating associate relations or potential theft issues to the General Manager.
- Knows, enforces, and educates Associates on all applicable labor laws.
- Understands, coaches, and enforces 3rd party policies and procedures as required.
- Train and enforce the delivery driver routing system to best enhance customer service with hot and fresh product.
- Trains and enforces correct cash control procedures.
- Ensures Associates understand and follow the food safety & personal hygiene standards required by Donatos and the local Health Department.
- Assumes responsibility for inventory of all stocked items, vendor orders, and invoice processing.
- Uses proper security and verification procedures when handling deposits and safe contents.
- Manages dough and day dots to ensure the best quality.
- Properly executes, enforces, and manages food safety and sanitation requirements.
- Basic Math and Reading Skills necessary
- Ohio PIC ServSafe certification
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position safely while meeting productivity standards
- Able to stand and/or walk entire shift
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Occasional bending and twisting
- Previous Manager or Donatos Team Lead experience
- Successful Completion of Donatos M.I.T. Program and all corresponding certifications, Manager Donatos-U modules, and food safe handler’s courses
- Can execute all items on the Manager readiness checklist
Donatos is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer:
We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, termination, promotions, or any other condition of employment or career development.
Donatos is just as dedicated to our Associates as we are to our guests. After all, delivering the best food and service starts with attracting (and keeping) the very best team members.
Whether you’re looking for your first job or want to advance your career, you’ll love being part of a work environment that’s not just rewarding and fun, but supportive too. We’re committed to hiring associates who we feel will be a great fit with the Donatos family – and then empowering them to become leaders who bring out the full potential of everyone around them.