At Twin Health, we empower people to reverse, prevent and improve chronic metabolic diseases. Twin Health invented The Whole Body Digital Twin™ , a dynamic representation of each individual's unique metabolism, built from thousands of data points collected daily via non-invasive sensors and self-reported preferences. The Whole Body Digital Twin delivers a new standard of care, empowering physicians and patients to make personalized data-driven decisions. Early trials demonstrate that over 90% of patients achieve type 2 diabetes reversal and 93% eliminate all diabetes medication including insulin.
Our team is passionate, talented, and driven by our purpose to improve the health and happiness of our members. Our culture empowers each Twin to do what's needed to create value for our customers and our company, and enjoy their experience at work. Twin Health was awarded Innovator of the Year by Employer Health Innovation Roundtable (EHIR) (out of 358 companies), named to the 2021 CB Insights Digital Health 150, and recognized by Built In's 2022 Best Places To Work Awards. In October 2021, Twin Health announced its Series C funding round of $155M, led by ICONIQ Growth, enabling us to scale services in the U.S. and globally, helping to solve the global chronic metabolic disease health crisis. We are building the company you always wished you worked for. Join us in revolutionizing healthcare and building the most impactful digital health company in the world!
Excited to join us and do your part in improving people's health and happiness?
Join us to solve all different challenging platform and infra problems while impacting people's lives. This role will report to our Sr. Engineering Manager and serve in the Infra group of the Engineering department. In this role, you will face different framework/infra level problems, such as Scalability, Security, Supportability, Team Productivity, Infra efficiency, and so forth.
Moreover, as a lead, you will need to lead your own projects with a team of other engineers. You will be excited to learn and grow a lot, as well as having a big ownership and a sense of accomplishment. Furthermore, a lead level candidate could progress to become a people manager in the future.
- Design and develop framework, libraries, microservices, and platform features using technologies such as Spring Boot, REST APIs, SQL & NoSQL databases, Message Queues, Docker, etc.
- Design services for fast performance, high scalability, and high reliability in order to perform complex processing on high-volume data feeds from a large population of diverse sensors.
- Collaborate with Data Scientists to develop analytics and ML-driven services that generate insights and recommendations based on large amounts of data.
- Develop automated unit tests and integration tests to ensure high-quality, defect-free code.
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills and direct experience with SaaS environment including monitoring, alerting and on call.
- Develop integrations with 3rd party software systems.
- Be able to lead a team for the engineering design and the code review, own and drive the project from end to end.
- 8+ years of working experience, with leadership experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field; Masters would be a plus.
- Experience developing Production software in Java for consumer-facing or other high-scale applications
- Strong programming experience in Java and/or other modern languages is a must.
- Experience with database technologies such as Amazon DynamoDB, MySQL, Redis, and other NoSQL solutions, etc.
- Good knowledge on microservices architecture, distributed systems, system design, and CS knowledge.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Willing to learn, be proactive, and think creatively.
- Real passion for quality and engineering excellence at scale.
- Passion for Twin's purpose to transform lives by empowering people to reverse, prevent and improve chronic metabolic diseases.
Twin has an ambitious vision to empower people to live healthier and happier lives, and to achieve this purpose, we need the very best people to enhance our cutting-edge technology and medical science, deliver the best possible care, and turn our passion into value for our members, partners and investors. We are committed to delivering an outstanding culture and experience for every Twin employee through a company based on the values of passion, talent, and trust. We offer comprehensive benefits and perks in line with these principles, as well as a high level of flexibility for every Twin
- A competitive compensation package in line with leading technology companies
- A remote and accomplished global team
- Opportunity for equity participation
- Unlimited vacation with manager approval
- 16 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for delivering parents; 8 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for non-delivering parents
- 100% Employer sponsored healthcare, dental, and vision for you, and 80% coverage for your family; Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account options
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Free membership with One Medical, Carrot Fertility, Aaptiv, Headspace and other perks in line with our focus on employee wellbeing