Position:Inside Systems Engineer
We are looking for an Inside Systems Engineer to work closely with our SMB channel sales team responsible for covering the US based SMB Partners. The Systems Engineer's main mission will be to support the sales organization in all technical matters regarding pre-sales, sales calls, and Partner training
- Pre-sales - assist in qualifying sales leads from a technical standpoint.
- Sales calls - be the main technical resource on sales calls and answer/ educate the customer and partner on issues ranging from features, specifications and functionality to integration.
- Conversant with networking applications and solutions.
- Post-sales - be the lead technical contact for identified accounts for technical issues and will work closely with the technical support team and engineering to answer, elevate and resolve customer's technical issues.
- Provide sales and technical training for new and existing Partners
- Remotely assist new Partner engineers with customer evaluations and product testing
- Deliver regular webex sessions geared toward partner recruitment and continuing education
- 3+ years experience in technical/pre-sales support as a sales or systems engineer
- 3+ years experience in LAN/WAN/Internet services administration
- Strong understanding of DNS and NFS, SMTP, HTTP, TCP/IP
- Knowledge of the following technologies: Routing, Switching, VPN, LAN, WAN, Network Security, Intrusion Detection, and Anti Virus.
- Strong understanding of the firewall market to include Firewall, IPS, Web Filtering, Application Control, and Email security
- Strong understanding in the following technologies and protocols: RADIUS, PKI, IKE, Certificates, L2TP, IPSEC, FIREWALL, 802.1Q, MD5, SSH, SSL, SHA1, DES, 3DES
- Experience with encryption and authentication technologies required
- Strong presentation skills
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience. Graduate Degree favorable