The Best Experience Company
With roots stretching back to 1891, Horizons has experienced unprecedented growth via the marketing and production of unique and innovative window fashions not available from any other company. Horizons is proud of a long, rich heritage of creating supreme quality, locally crafted products in Waukegan, Illinois. In 2013 Horizons was acquired by Springs Window Fashions. Springs has been part of the window treatments industry since 1939 and is headquartered in Middleton, Wisconsin.
Our tagline is “The Best Experience Company.” More than just a set of words, it represents the essence of who we are at Springs. We want you to join our team of passionate self-starters who believe the world is full of Best Experience opportunities. So, if you’re excited about the thought of a Best Experience career with a team focused on creating Best Experiences for all, we want to hear from you!
JOB PURPOSE: Responsible for leading and overseeing activities of Inside Sales team, including developing sales targets, sales strategies, and internal and external training materials. The primary goal of this position is to drive sales through identification of sales opportunities, increased/improved dealer contact, and process and efficiency improvements.
- Remove barriers to teams’ sales and training focus through clear priorities and designation of duties.
- Direct Inside Sales Managers to focus on maximizing revenue growth in their assigned accounts.
- Participate in the development and execution of company sales strategies.
- Use KPIs and service metrics to drive resources and priorities.
- Continue to track results, document best practices, and improve processes within the Horizons Inside Sales team.
- Collaboratively work with Designer Sales Representatives (Horizons Outside Sales team) to execute and exceed overall sales growth targets.
- Collect, manipulate, analyze and report sales-related information to identify sales opportunities, establish account team priorities, and increase general sales productivity.
- Identify sales opportunities and make recommendations on strategy development and implementation.
- Manage dealer assignments to Inside Sales team or make recommendations to drive appropriate assignment of accounts including communication with Designer Sales Representatives (Horizons Outside Sales team).
- Weekly reporting to sales team and Director of Sales including: sales growth in assigned accounts, major sales opportunities, tracking of road show attendees, etc.
- Responsible for working with Director of Sales to set quarterly targets for Inside Sales team and provide regular and timely feedback on the results/progress towards set goals.
- Will engage in critical thinking conversations with Director of Sales + Inside Sales team regarding market trends and developing effective problem-solution scenarios.
- Utilizes quality/process tools and methodology in daily individual work Identify and implement features available in the CRM (FreshDesk) tools to increase efficiency and relationship management.
- Tracks VOC and creates a feedback loop to increase accuracy and timeliness of resolution.
- Plan, coordinate, conduct, and implement internal and external training programs. Training components may be geared toward new hires, existing account rep team and dealers/customers.
- Ensures that internal and external audiences have thorough knowledge of the product, can effectively use closing skills, overcome objections, and use consultative selling techniques to achieve maximum market penetration, attain short and long range objectives and grow overall sales.
- Use call-monitoring, observation and data analysis to identify and implement training opportunities within team by using gap analysis techniques.
- Manage new associate training and onboarding process to ensure effective knowledge transfer and maximize new hires effectiveness.
- Deliver presentations via webinars or in-person training events.
- Integrates quality at the source thinking and activities in daily, individual, team and project work.
- Ensures that others are trained as back-ups on (processes) within the area/department
What We’re Looking For
- Minimum – Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field.
- 5+ years relevant experience in sales and/or training environment.
- 5+ years’ experience in managing a sales team.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to motivate, teach and inspire the sales staff.
- Ability to influence others to ensure team alignment and drive results.
- Must be a proactive, self-directed individual that meets deadlines and can adapt to changing priorities.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must possess strong software skills; proficiency and ability to train others in Microsoft office applications and the Google Suite applications.
- Must be able to create complex presentations and other visual documents.
- Uses project plan and project schedule methodology.
- Clearly defines and utilizes processes in daily work.
- Looks for innovative ways to streamline work processes across the division and involves stakeholders.
- Establishes forums to share best practices.
- Measures own work to plan and reports out at a micro and macro level.
How We Work to Deliver a Best Experience: Our Behavioral Competencies
- Ensures Accountability – Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Drive Engagement – Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives
- Instill Trust – Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity
- Drive Results – Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
- Consumer/Customer Focus – Building strong customer relationships and delivering on customer-centric solutions
- Critical Thinking – Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems
- Being Resilient – Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations
- Optimize Work Processes – Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement