EMI is hiring a Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning Mechanic II installs, modifies and repairs refrigeration - hermetic, semi-hermetic, mechanical, screw, scroll and centrifugal units to 1100 tons; air conditioning, ventilation; reverse osmosis systems, computer rooms; process coolers; ice machines; evaporative cooling; air compressing and related control systems, including pneumatic, DDC, and building control systems equipment. This person performs advanced installation tasks involving assembly, testing, calibrating, and adjusting of temperature control and environmental control systems such as air conditioning plants, air environmental control systems, air distribution systems and complex dual equipment cooling installations, specialized refrigerated warehouses and facilities and dehumidification systems.
Additionally, the HVAC Mechanic II installs new or repaired component and performs complex modifications of systems and components in accordance with applicable electrical publications and directives, and will maintain and repair specialized laboratory equipment such as fume hoods and vacuum systems. This mechanic may perform complex repair of systems components such as compressors, condensers, heat pumps regulators, fluid and refrigerant gas lines valves, meters, gauges, thermostats, pumps, mechanical linkage, and electrical sensing, switching and controlling devices including pneumatic controls, variable speed drives, digital controlled devices, electronic, hydraulic heating and cooling and economizer systems
- Cuts and bends tubing to correct length and shape, using cutting and bending equipment and tools, cuts and threads pipe, using machine-threading or hand-threading equipment.
- Joins tubing or pipes to various refrigerating units by means of sleeves, couplings or unions, and solders joints, using torch, forming complete circuit for refrigerant, installs expansion and discharge valves in circuit.
- Connects motors, compressors, temperature controls, humidity controls, and circulating ventilation fans to control panels and connects control panels to power source.
- Installs air and water filters in completed installation.
- Injects small amount of refrigerant into compressor to test systems and adds Freon gas to build up prescribed operating pressure.
- Observes pressure and vacuum gauges and adjusts controls to ensures proper operation.
- Tests joints and connections for gas leaks, using gauges or soap-and-water solution.
- Wraps pipes in insulation batting and secures them in place with cement or wire bands.
- Replaces defective breaker controls, thermostats, switches, fuses and electrical wiring to repair installed units.
- May install, repair and service air conditioners, ranging from three to four hundred tons cooling capacity in warehouses, barracks and commercial buildings.
- Prepares work orders and cost materials estimates.
- Keeps tools, equipment, and work area clean, organized, and in good working condition.
- May assist in training lower-level workers in mechanical repair techniques.
- Practice workplace safety.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work.
- Minimum 4 Years HVAC experience to include advanced knowledge of performing inspection, disassembly, assembly, replacement and repair of compressors, motors, burners, pumps, filters, ductwork, pipes, valves, refrigerants and their recovery systems and pressure vessels.
- Experience in installing, calibrating, troubleshooting and replacement of control systems are required.
- Commercial experience Highly Preferred
- Valid NC Drivers License
- Must be EPA Universal Certified
What We Do
EMI is an industry-leading provider of DOD base operation support services, facilities maintenance, logistics, and IT support. EMI consistently delivers cost-saving through best value innovations and quality service that exceeds our clients’ expectations.
What Sets Us Apart
The Right Partner: EMI has grown by gaining our customers’ trust and our employees’ loyalty. We’ve successfully performed over 60 service contracts and we understand the unique challenges facing today’s military. We offer exceptional responsiveness and a strong commitment to customer satisfaction. We demonstrate this commitment by consistently earning some of the highest customer satisfaction ratings in the industry.
The Right Team: The EMI team includes over 250 high-achieving professionals, administrative and trades personnel deployed in various locations throughout the United States. At times, we augment our in-house capabilities with proven and capable business partners.
The Right Approach: EMI brings vast expertise and proven solutions to augment our clients’ operations. We provide a platform that delivers seamless mission support and exceptional customer service in a very cost-effective and repeatable solution.
- Generous benefits package consistent with Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Wellness Resources