The General Manager (GM) is responsible for People Development, Operations Excellence, Sales Growth, Profit Growth, and our Customer’s experience (Hospitality). The role of the GM is to develop people and build prosperity. The GM is the leader in the restaurant, acting as a coach and providing a restaurant environment that is focused on integrity, honesty, and pride. The General Manager provides resources, training, and development, and utilizes a systematic and principle-centered management approach to maximize restaurant-operating results, to fulfill the Mission & Promise. Effective performance for the General Manager is a balance of combined results utilizing Gold Standard measurements.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Empowers and allows restaurant associates to make decisions and resolve customer concerns in a way that fully satisfies our customer.
- Ensures each new associate receives the proper on-boarding and training and understands their role in fulfilling the Mission & Promise.
- Models performance standards (primary responsibility is to direct and coach, secondary responsibility is to assist).
- Ensures staffing levels are optimal during all volume periods; acts in a timely and decisive manner to adjust staffing for business volume changes.
- Effectively controls cash and assets and ensures adherence to cash handling policies.
- Engages the local community; builds strong relationships that result in partnerships within the community, win-win opportunities, and sales growth.
- Controls food cost components of waste, prep, weights, portioning, on hand amounts (food orders/buildto/inventory management) and theft during shifts.
- Demonstrates, trains, and enforces operating norms, including but not limited to uniform policy, attendance, safety procedures, and cleanliness.
- Opens and/or closes the restaurant with proper administrative procedures and completes assigned paperwork.
- Anticipates the needs of the customers at all access points and removes existing or potential service barriers.
- Displays caring and empathy for customers and follows correct steps when resolving complaints.
- Ensures product quality meets Donatos standards and guest expectations.
- Properly executes, enforces, and manages food safety and sanitation requirements.
- Ensures Associates understand and follow the food safety & personal hygiene standards required by Donatos and the local Health Department.
- Seeks out and eliminates potential food safety violations and unsafe practices or conditions.
- Coaches and counsels the team to achieve restaurant and personal development goals.
- Assists all management in developing and ensures the Readiness Checklist process is utilized by all management team members.
- Communicates performance standards and expectations to all team members and provides ongoing feedback on progress toward objectives and results.
- Assumes accountability for P & L results.
- Delegates responsibility among team members for achieving financial results.
- Identifies areas of opportunity and implements action plans to achieve cost reductions.
- Monitors sales volumes and adjusts projections accurately.
- Conducts meetings such as product rollouts, manager meetings, new restaurant openings, operating systems, etc.
General Managers must have a flexible schedule that includes the ability to work variety of opening, mid and closing shifts, along with working weekends and holidays.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Level 2 ServSafe certification
- Internal Candidates must complete required training and development activities within Donatos Training Roadmap, demonstrate ability to impact MPA (Mission & Promise Assessment) and SVR (Store Visit Report)
- External – 1 year in similar role preferred
- Internal – 6 months Donatos experience preferred, management experience required
- Can execute all items on the GM readiness checklist
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position safely while meeting productivity standards
- Able to stand and/or walk entire shift
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Occasional bending and twisting
Donatos is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer:
We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, termination, promotions, or any other condition of employment or career.
Donatos is just as dedicated to our Associates as we are to our guests. After all, delivering the best food and service starts with attracting (and keeping) the very best team members.
Whether you’re looking for your first job or want to advance your career, you’ll love being part of a work environment that’s not just rewarding and fun, but supportive too. We’re committed to hiring associates who we feel will be a great fit with the Donatos family – and then empowering them to become leaders who bring out the full potential of everyone around them.