Fujifilm Dimatix, Inc. strives to offer a healthy work environment that promotes individual responsibility and growth, a collaborative spirit, and an atmosphere that encourages learning, professional development and achievement.
We search for the most talented and qualified people for both external and internal opportunities. At Fujifilm, performance, development and accountability are the standards to which the company and its people strive toward. And to support its employees, we offer programs that motivate, educate and promote a healthy work-life balance, which increase employee satisfaction and overall personal well-being.
Fujifilm is committed to offering a comprehensive and flexible benefit program to meet the needs of employees and their families. This flexible approach allows employees to create a program that fits their lives. At Fujifilm, INNOVATION and PEOPLE matter.
FUJIFILM Dimatix, Inc. is an E-Verify Employer
ATTN Staffing Services: We do not accept unsolicited resumes.External :
The Software Controls Engineer II develops software for use with commercially available Programmable Logic/Automation Controller (PLC/PAC). The position involves developing software using IEC 61131-3 languages and methods with emphasis on Structured Text and Function Block. Software is to be designed, documented, developed, reviewed, tested, released using modern software engineering principles and practices such as UML, Object Orientated Design and Development, Design for Test, version management and deployment. Software units, components and modules developed can form into larger body of software work that such as systems, tasks, all operating concurrently. You will create high performance software, previously only achievable by dedicated embedded microprocessor-based computers and hardware. Through choice of modern-day PLC/PAC, commercially available I/O and specialty modules, you will create software that readily scales with hardware needs. Through proper software design and modularization, you will enable Fujifilm to keep up with new business demands and reuse code across a wide range of applications. You will work with a variety of intelligent servo and stepper drives for motion-based applications. You will work with modern TCP/IP and Ethernet based vendor specific and open protocols, forming system the system connections for both control, data exchange and interactions with MES. You will work with camera imaging systems to ensure and improve image print quality statically and at run time. You will create proper software visualization designs that allow a person to intuitively interact with the system. The software developed is used to setup, manage, monitor, and control complete industrial printing press system and its components. You will be part of team that develops software solutions for a complete industrial printing workflow and next generation Industrial Ink Jet Printing operations and applications.
Knowledge & Application
Complete knowledge and full understanding of area of specialization, principles and practices within a professional discipline. Assesses unusual circumstances and uses sophisticated analytical and problem solving techniques to identify cause. Resolves and assesses a wide range of issues in creative ways and suggests variations in approach. This job is the fully qualified, experienced professional, journey-level position.
Complexity & Problem Solving
Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of information requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Devises solutions based on limited information and precedent and adapts existing approaches to resolve issues. Uses evaluation, judgment, and interpretation to select right course of action. Work is done independently and is reviewed at critical points.
Collaboration & Interaction
Enhances relationships and networks with senior internal/external partners who are not familiar with the subject matter often requiring persuasion. Adapts style to differing audiences and often advises others on difficult matters.
Typical Degree & Years of Experience
Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 3 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Typically requires a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineer, Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineer, with a minimum of 5 years required software experience or master’s degree with 3 years of required software experience.
- Experienced producing significant software works using IEC 61131-3 Structured Text, Function Blocks and Ladder Logic. Should have experience with Object orientated and procedural design techniques supporting multiple tasks concurrently.
- Automation Controller: Wago, Beckhoff, B&R Automation (others considered)
- Integrated Development Environment: CoDeSys2.3 -3.5, e!COCKPIT, TwinCAT 2-3 (others considered)
- Motion and Servo Control: Copley Motion, AMCI (others considered)
- Industrial Protocols such as: Modbus/IP, Ether CAT, ControlNet/IP, OPC UA and others.
- Version Management: SVN (others considered)
- Visual Basic, C#, and Visual Studio
- Programming Microprocessor from Intel, AMD, and/or ARM® using C and/or C++ compliers and development tools for code execution on Windows and/or Linux based computers.
- UML® principles for extracting requirements, architecting system/level software strategies, designing, and applying innovative algorithms, and creating maintainable software through use of, Class-Object Diagrams, Sequence Charts and State Machine design techniques.
- Motion Control experience (Stepper or Servo).
- Gigabit and Multi-Gigabit Ethernet
- Switches, NIC, TCP/IP and Wireshark.
- Drop-on-Demand Ink Jet printing and overall printing workflows
- Programming FPGA devices (Architecture design, coding/simulation VHDL (Verilog), synthesizing, routing, debugging and documenting designs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to concentrate and consistently deliver excellent attention to detail.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Normal Office Environment
- Approximately 10%
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Each employee’s primary objective is to assure that the quality, delivery and cost controls within his/her control meet or exceed all of our internal and external customers’ requirements.
- Each employee is required to abide by the Employee Handbook and the rules and regulations explained and provided at each orientation and training session. Special attention must be given to the safety aspects of these documents.
FUJIFILM Dimatix provides competitive wages, a generous benefits package and a friendly, dynamic working environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
FUJIFILM Dimatix is an E-Verify Employer