Number of Openings: 1
Job Opening Status: This is an Open/Contingent position, meaning there are a few steps in place before we can officially welcome aboard the most qualified candidate for the role. This position is contingent on candidate acceptance by the customer.
Location: St. Louis, MO
Clearance Required: Must be a U.S. Citizen and possess a current and active TS/SCI clearance granted by the Department of Defense or an Intelligence Community agency. Must be able to pass a Counterintelligence (CI) Polygraph.
Background: Assured Consulting Solutions provides strategic and innovative solutions for customer needs across the business, technology, and organizational spectrum. As a member of our team, you will have the chance to work with customers that are both Government and industry leaders and technology innovators.
We are seeking a highly motivated Expert-level Systems Engineer. The candidate will assist in overseeing maintenance of policy interfaces and relationships with Department of Defense (DoD) Joint Capability Integration and Development System (JCIDS), Intelligence Community Acquisition Model, Independent Cost Estimate Policy, and Intelligence Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Evaluation for a sustained global geomagnetic data collection and modeling program. They will assist in directing development of Statements of Capabilities, Analytic Issue Papers, and Capability Requirements Policy and Instructions (JCIDS documentation).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Direct development and proposed Statements of Capabilities, Analytic Issue Papers, and Capability Requirements Policy and Instructions.
- Assist in overseeing maintenance of policy interfaces and relationships with Department of Defense (DoD) Joint Capability Integration and Development System (JCIDS), Intelligence Community Acquisition Model, Independent Cost Estimate Policy, and Intelligence Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Evaluation.
- Establish maintenance, insight, and understanding of customer requirements related to intelligence gaps and non-material solutions.
- Assist in managing team cognizance of intelligence capability gaps, potential mission or enterprise needs and intelligence capability proposals.
- Assist in leading, planning, directing and orchestrating studies and performance modeling of proposed IC capabilities.
- Assist in leading, planning, directing, orchestrating, assessing and evaluating the quality of analysis and ensure competitive and alternative analyses are conducted on topics related to capability requirements and non-material solutions.
- Assist in leading the DoD and IC program and resource allocation process that includes developing strategic resource management plans and strategies, conducting program and systems analysis, and independently evaluate programs and resources related to both the National Intelligence Program (NIP) and Military Intelligence Program (MIP).
- Advise the DoD and DNI by providing alternative approaches for programs, requirements, and budgets to establish priority objectives, address projected threats, estimate costs, risk and tradeoffs, and identify/minimize resource constraints.
- Assist in leading teams conducting in-depth, detailed analysis and evaluation of proposed NIP/MIP investments to independently document mission and cost effectiveness levels.
- Assist in leading teams conducting in-depth analysis of NIP/MIP policies, missions, plans, and capabilities, ensuring linkage to the National Intelligence Strategy and DoD priorities.
- Assist in leading, planning, and authoring resource strategies, analytical issue papers, strategic evaluations, background papers, talking points, resource issue papers, and/or other analytical products applying extensive subject matter knowledge to support the NGA, DoD, and IC senior leadership in making informed programmatic decisions.
- Assist in leading the development and presentation of findings, conclusions, options, and recommendations to Office of Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) and IC senior management.
- Assist in leading the analysis and evaluation (on quantitative/qualitative basis) the effectiveness of current and planned NIP/MIP investments in meeting established DoD/IC goals and objectives. Evaluate and advise on organization, methods, procedures, and resources (NIP and MIP where appropriate) programs.
- Assist in leading independent analyses of capabilities and programs, presenting alternative courses of action, identifying cost and mission impacts and clarifying the advantages and disadvantages of each alternative.
- Assist with direct development and proposed AoA and Oversee AoA development and execution.
- Assist with the MagQuest challenge and advise NGA on submitted solutions.
- Assist in briefing the World Magnetic Model (WMM) to a wide range of audiences across the Federal government without training.
- Assist in building consensus on contentious issues and to foster a collaborative work environment across the USDI/ODNI, IC, Joint Staff, USG, and international partners
- Initiate, cultivate, and maintain productive working relationships with IC and other DoD/ United States Government elements in order to study and identify new and innovative ways of generating and depicting needs and capability gaps that more directly capture utility.
- Apply quantitative and qualitative analytic techniques to lead teams evaluating and recommending appropriate alternatives to complex issues.
- Master’s degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree program, or equivalent Expert Level work experience as a Systems Engineer.
- Knowledge of the DoD/IC and its components, missions, and interrelationships, including the ability to lead broad-based teams regarding key issues.
- Knowledge of IC and DoD collection management or needs/requirements management procedures and governing documents, as well as planning, programming, and budgeting processes.
- Expert-level knowledge of and experience with any of the following: programmatic management, strategic planning, systems analysis, evaluation techniques, or requirement and performance management.
- Experience with a government challenge similar to MagQuest. Must be eligible to work on MagQuest documentation and challenge development.
- Knowledge of the World Magnetic Model (WMM) and its impacts to global navigation.
- Doctorate in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree program.
- Expertise in the development of AoAs and how they fit into the Milestone Decision Authority’s (MDA‘s) decision process Expert experience in technical collection, collection system development, requirements policy development and requirements management.
- Knowledge in intelligence operations providing needs, capability gaps and capability requirements support to policy, planning, and/or operations strategy and development for a variety of disciplines (e.g. Geospatial Intelligence, geodetic /geophysical /geomagnetic data and processes, Measurements and Signatures Intelligence, and Communication Systems).
- Expert-level experience in building an AoA Study team tailored to for the inherent nature of the AoA to be accomplished, along with the time and money available to complete the AoA.
- Expert-level experience in in the identification of alternatives, threats and scenarios, effectiveness, risk, and cost.
- Expert-level experience in the development of the various AoA Products Most AoAs produce four major products: (1) A study plan which defines the background, goals, methodology, tools, schedule, etc. of the AoA, (2) A midterm progress briefing to summarize early work and future plans, (3) A final report to document the AoA in detail, and (4) A final briefing to summarize the final results of the AoA
- Expert-level experience in the Defense Acquisition System is structured to manage the nation’s investments in technologies, programs, and product support which allows the achievement of National Security Strategy and support for the United States Armed Forces.
- Expert-level experience in the AoA DOD acquisition process.
- Expert-level experience in the Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System (JCIDS) Analysis and AoAs to include the FAA, the FNA, and the FSA.
- Expert-level experience in the AoA study team selection to include organizations who typically contribute members to an AoA study team include Operating Command (OC), Implementing Command (IC), services, other service Organizations, Non-DoD Organizations, Oversight/Advisory Organizations
- Expert-level experience in development of a well-considered study plan that establishes a roadmap of how the analysis must proceed, who is responsible for doing what, and why they are doing it. Time and effort spent on the study plan before beginning the analysis helps to ensure a high quality AoA.
- Expert-level experience in designing a study plan that is structured to aid in the development of the AoA Final Report. The study plan must be updated—it's a 'living document'—throughout the AoA effort to reflect new information and changing study perceptions and direction.
- Study Plan Preparation and Review
- Preparing for Analysis
- Scoping the Analysis
- Constraints and Assumptions
- Scenarios and Threats
- Physical Environment
The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requires employers to focus on the essential functions of a position to determine whether an individual is qualified. Essential job functions are the fundamental job duties that an applicant or employee must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation. If you need assistance completing this question or require an accommodation, please contact ACS HR at (703) 662-5062.
- Ability to sit and work in a cubicle on a workstation in a SCIF for approximately eight (8) hours each workday
- Frequently communicates with co-workers, management, and customers. Must be able to easily exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Requires a master’s degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree program, or equivalent Expert-Level work experience as a Systems Engineer.
Years of Experience:
- 18+ years of experience w/ Master's degree
Position Type: Full-Time
Salary Compensation Range: $161,000 - $177,000 annually
(Pay transparency is important at ACS and is one way we ensure we remain on a committed path to equality and fairness. However, note that salary offers are dependent on many factors, including a candidate’s education, clearance, practicing skill level, scope of influence, and years of experience, and offers may fall outside of this advertised range.)
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: All ACS employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their first day of employment or January 18, 2022, whichever is later. Exceptions to the vaccine mandate will be considered only where legally required. To discuss an exemption for medical reasons or due to a sincerely held religious belief, please contact ACS Human Resources at (703) 662-5062.
Assured Consulting Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Minorities, females, disabled, and protected veterans are urged to apply. ACS' utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ACS does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
Export Control: For all positions requiring access to technology/software source code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license. The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. ACS may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code may require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact ACS Human Resources at (703) 662-5062.
#LI-Onsite #TSSCI #SystemsEngineer #Expert #NGA