General Description: Responsible for working with show hosts, preparing the rundowns, identifying and integrating guests, overseeing and executing the production of key video and graphic elements. Makes key editorial decisions and guide talent, writers, bookers, and producer team for daily show development. EP is also responsible for ensuring technical team and control room follow show instructions. Responsible for the oversight of daily rundown changes and work with the show director and production crew to block the show. Must be comfortable addressing breaking news during the show and ensure all content meets Newsmax Media Network standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
· Determine best news stories for the program and create daily rundown
· Work with show host in program preparation and execution
· Identify compelling news stories
· Develop story ideas, research and plan segments
· Delegate responsibilities as appropriate to producers, associate producers, and casting producers
· Supervise production staff
· Produce timely content under heavy deadline pressure
· Keep current of domestic, and international events and politics
· Excel in a highly competitive environment
· Possess exceptional editorial skills and attention to detail
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
· 3+ years executive producing experience or overseeing newscast production
· Strong writing and organizational skills required as is the ability to produce content under heavy deadline pressure.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently and work on deadline.
· Attention to detail is must.
· Ability to collect and analyze data and information accuracy as well as follow through.
· Team player with strong communication skills both written and verbal.
· Proactive and solutions focused.
· Professional appearance.
150,000 - 180,000 /year