Our Vision is to be the best choice for healthcare in our community
The Executive Director of Orthopaedics will be responsible for the operational, financial and administrative success of the Orthopaedic Service Line. The Executive Director will direct, supervise and coordinate all operations and physician activities which includes clinical and administrative staffing, strategic planning, marketing and relations in support of the Orthopaedic service line goals.
This position requires a high degree of collaboration with office managers, clinical staff, ASC leaders, hospital system leaders, providers and senior leadership to ensure cost efficiency (in the office and surgery center setting), CJR success and high customer service standards. The ideal candidate will have strong leadership experience in a healthcare environment, with fiscal acumen and a strong track record of accomplishments in the Orthopaedic field.
The Executive Director of Orthopaedics will perform market analysis, monitor industry trends and research the leading procedural and surgical opportunities for innovation and expansion of programs.
This position reports to the Chief Administrative Officer.
Background in achieving financial and operational success is required, along with strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
WHAT DOES FMC HAVE TO OFFER ITS EMPLOYEES?
We offer a wide choice of compensation and benefit programs that are among the best. From competitive salaries to retirement plans. We make every effort to take care of the people who make our company great.
- Gives you an employer that you will have pride in working for
- Provides excellent training programs and opportunities for growth
- Offers Medical Benefits including:
- Employer Contributions to HSA high deductible plan
- Discounts at our medical facilities
- Cigna Open Access OAPIN & OAP plans
- Supports Incentive based Wellness Programs
- Offers company sponsored Life Insurance with buy-up provisions
- Provides Dental, Vision, Long and Short Term Disability, Accident & Illness policy options
- Supports Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Gives generous 401K plan with annual 3% Employer contribution after one year of employment
- Values and appreciates its employees
- Boasts a reputation for superior health care and quality service
The candidate selected will have the following skills:
- Extensive experience working closely with Orthopaedic surgeons and proven ability to lead an Orthopaedic service line
- Demonstrated experience in achieving successful financial and operational outcomes
- Familiar with bundle models of care - CJR expansion and how to implement them
- Possesses oral and written communication skills, organizational skills, attention to detail, computer skills and ability to multi-task
- Possesses strong problem solving and critical thinking skills, including conflict resolution
- Must have excellent customer service skill and the ability to follow-through
- Must have ability to manage day to day office activities as well as short and long term strategy
- Provides day-to-day leadership in the conception, planning, development and implementation of operational and orthopaedic service line business plans.
- Coordinates the planning and management functions associated with the business, financial and clinical activities including but not limited to: operations/quality performance and monitoring, purchasing and inventory, marketing, human resource planning and staffing issues.
- Strengthen relationships with referring Primary Care physicians and specialists
- Develop strong physician engagement and awareness with system goals
- Work closely with surgery center to achieve organizational goals
- Manages processes, teams, and projects that will support the orthopaedic service line by acting as a liaison between hospital, surgery center and practice. Ensure effective between the hospital, surgery center and practice.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the orthopedic service lines in conjunction with the providers, office managers and administration by managing workload, coordinating work effort, developing workflows, along with managing overhead.
- Master’s degree in Healthcare, Business or related field required or equivalent experience
- Candidate must have 10+ years in orthopaedic service line management in one or multiple sites.
- Ability to plan, direct and evaluate the work of subordinate management staff.
- Business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, and coordination of people and resources.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of orthopedic service line management and practice management principles and tactics.
- Demonstrates knowledge of outpatient surgery centers and CJR.
- Extremely organized and efficient work style, attention to detail and hands on day to day management.
- Effective communicator with all levels of employees and management.
- Proficiency in Word and Excel.
- Ability to set priorities with regard to multiple projects and requests;
- Ability to interact with C-Level executives, providers, and department managers
- Ability to identify issues and recommend solutions, organize and analyze information;
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and make employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status