Bachelorâ€™s degree in software engineering or a related technical field, or equivalent experience is required. Agile experience preferred.
Candidates must be able to obtain a U.S. Department of Defense SECRET security clearance within a reasonable amount of time from date of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Successful completion of a background check and drug screen is required.Responsibilities for this Position:
Imagine building your career by developing the solutions that support the mission of our nationâ€™s service members, intelligence analysts and first responders. Thatâ€™s the challenge thatâ€™s waiting for you as an Entry-Level FPGA Engineer at General Dynamics Mission Systems in Scottsdale, AZ. Here you have the opportunity to redefine innovation and excellence for the world. Are you ready? Then make a career move that makes an impact at General Dynamics Mission Systems.
We apply advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, AR/VR, Cloud Native and Quantum Physics to solve our customersâ€™ missions in cyber, RF, undersea, interstellar space and everything in between.
Working successfully within a team, the Software Engineer will assist project leaders in the research, design, development and testing of software and tools, to include development of new work products or enhancing existing applications, systems or embedded products. This may include coding, testing and documenting software solutions to advance our technology solutions.
What youâ€™ll experience:
- Technologies that arenâ€™t just top-notch, theyâ€™re often top-secret
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring whatâ€™s next
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge - as itâ€™s discovered
What you bring to the table:
- A Bachelorâ€™s degree in software engineering or a related technical field, or equivalent experience is required; Agile experience preferred
- Clear understanding of software engineering concepts, principles, and theories
- Clear understanding of the software development process
What sets you apart:
- Ability to interact effectively with project teams, managers and end users
- Ability to grasp and apply new information quickly and handle increasing responsibilities with growing complexity
- Team player who thrives in collaborative environments and revels in team success
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran
As a contractor to the Federal Government, General Dynamics Mission Systems must comply with the federal mandate requiring our workforce be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 by January 4, 2022, with only very limited exceptions for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.