- Participate in the development and maintenance of the current and future networking products.
- Responsible for all aspects of the software development life cycle for the applicable projects, including gathering requirements, design, implementation and deployment
- Hands on in bug fixing existing products.
- Work closely with hardware team to deliver high quality products
- Continuous focus and contribution in the areas of performance, availability amp; scalability, reliability, and maintainability of the product.
- 3 + years of experience in Networking related software development.
- Strong C/C++ experience in Unix/Linux environment is essential.
- Good knowledge of network protocols (TCP/IP, ARP, OSPF, BGP, etc.).
- Basic knowledge of internal logic of network appliances (switch and routers).
- Good knowledge of Linux system device drivers and kernel networking stack.
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills, ability to analyze complex multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution.
- Excellent organizational skills including ability to manage own time effectively.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills.
- Understanding of workings of Broadcom or Marvell or other switching ASICs in an Ethernet switch is a plus.
- Good knowledge of network security is a plus
- Experience in implementing L2/L3 features such as LACP, STP, 802.1X, Private VLAN, VxLAN, etc is a plus.
- B.S. in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering; M.S. preferred
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $70,000 - $95,000. Fortinet offers employees a variety of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k), 11 paid holidays, vacation time, and sick time as well as a comprehensive leave program.
Wage ranges are based on various factors including the labor market, job type, and job level. Exact salary offers will be determined by factors such as the candidate's subject knowledge, skill level, qualifications, experience, and geographic location.
All roles are eligible to participate in the Fortinet equity program, Bonus eligibility is reviewed at time of hire and annually at the Company’s discretion.