Thinking about changing employers, but unsure about changing from what is familiar - let us help with a $2500 Sign-on Bonus*! We'd love to talk with you about what you are looking for in an employer and if we can meet those needs you are searching for!
Electrical Engineer II - New Leading Edge Autonomous Products
Who Jtec Is
Jtec Industries is an industry-leading manufacturing company specializing in innovative custom material handling equipment. Providing excellent customer service, quality products, and innovative solutions is of utmost importance to us. Jtec is at the forefront of new technology and growth, creating innovative solutions for an evolving material handling industry.
We currently have four product lines, our CarryMatic, CarryMore, CarryMax, and CarryLite. All products and subsequent parts are made in-house, giving us a competitive advantage in terms of quality and reliability.
The CarryMatic No-Touch Materials Movement System is our newest product line and uses electric powered roller deck carts and stations that allow for materials to be transported "hands-free." With wireless communication from a hitch control mounted on any brand AGV, this system can be programmed to run a route and seamlessly move materials. This newest line is housed in our newly added 4th East Peoria facility, helping us showcase this innovative line to our customers. We can service almost any material movement need and work with some of the biggest companies in the world including Tesla, Rivian, Space X, Meta, Caterpillar, and many more.
Come join our team of experts to work on industry-leading autonomous solution technology and to help us pioneer the future of material movement.
What We Offer You
A safety-focused, actively engaged, "family-like", team work environment that provides enhanced employee experiences through competitive benefits, compensation, engagement activities, regular interactive one-on-one sessions, and many more. Some of what we offer includes reimbursement for industry certifications, employee wellness program, engagement committee activities, flexible full-time work shifts, 401k matching retirement program, health, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, quarterly one-on-one interactive feedback sessions, employee events/luncheons, employee of the month recognition and many more.
Below is a summary of our Electrical Engineering Opportunity. We'd love the opportunity to talk with you about Jtec, your qualifications for this career, and how Jtec may be a good fit for your career objectives.
The Electrical Engineer II works to design and develop electrical circuits that power, control, and monitor electrical or mechanical equipment and machine systems. Able to utilize CAD software to produce and publish electrical schematics that can be used for production and inspection of electrical circuits. Develops proper documentation outlining electrical manufacturing and testing standards and prepares electrical systems specifications. Collaborates with engineering and sales team members concerning technology and application needs in various stages of the implementation of electromechanical and autonomous systems. Provides ongoing technical and IT support to customers, including electrical installation services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Designs AC and DC electrical circuits for electrical and mechanical equipment.
- Reviews circuit design for compliance with engineering principles, industry standards, customer requirements, and related specifications.
- Works with mechanical engineers to specify electrical components and component layouts in equipment designs.
- Collaborates with suppliers and can search for suppliers, discuss design projects, and understand pricing of new electrical components.
- Prepares and publishes electrical schematics for designed circuits.
- Utilizes Creo software to produce electrical schematics and design wire routing.
- Provides manufacturing support to the operations department for all electrical or circuit related topics.
- Focuses on complex projects, and develops solutions to custom needs, along with making recommendations for potential new products or improvement of current products.
- Prepares and publishes company standards and best practices for production of electrical circuits and designs.
- Performs analyses of electrical and safety systems using relevant industry standards.
- Performs and documents testing of electrical circuits and components.
- Performs electrical inspections and commissioning of production equipment.
- Researches and implements advanced engineering software tools and processes.
- Designs complete electrical automation control systems.
- Completes other jobs or duties as directed by the R&D Engineering Manager.
- Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent technical experience
- Experience including electrical or electronic component and automation design and development, preferred.
- CREO and/or Windchill experience preferred
- We do not sponsor, renew, or extend immigration visas for this position.
- Windows PC proficiency
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient in CREO
- Proficiency preferred in one or more industry standard PLC platforms, and ladder logic
- Knowledge of Factory Network Communications Technology preferred - a solid understanding of internet, intranet, VPN, TCP/IP, Ethernet, etc.
Compensation and Benefits
- Starting Wage Dependent on Relevant Education & Experience
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts
- $15,000 Company Paid Benefit Life Insurance
- Supplemental Disability and Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick time
- 401(k) Retirement Plan and Company Match Program
Equal Opportunity Employer - Jtec is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, genetic information, age, order of protections status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status, stats as a veteran, sexual orientation or any other protected category, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Check out our website: https://www.jtecindustries.com/about_us/