NV5 is a provider of engineering and consulting services to public and private sector clients, delivering solutions through six business verticals: Testing, Inspection & Consulting; Infrastructure; Utility Services; Environmental Health Sciences; Buildings & Program Management; and Geospatial Technology. With offices nationwide and abroad, NV5 helps clients plan, design, build, test, certify, and operate projects that improve the communities where we live and work.
As engineers, we play a significant role in shaping our communities through the services we provide. We are looking for passionate, driven individuals to join our team focused on Delivering Solutions and Improving Lives.
NV5 specializes in providing high‐quality mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, telecommunications, audio visual, electronic security, commissioning, and energy and sustainability engineering services. NV5 delivers total building solutions to leading businesses and institutions nationwide and has registered professional engineers in offices throughout the country (https://www.nv5.com/offices/). Our innovative designs incorporate the use of a wide variety of cutting edge, environmentally conscious technologies. Nearly 20% of our staff members are LEED Accredited Professionals and have completed over 140+ LEED certified, platinum, gold and silver projects.
We are recruiting an Electrical Designer with 1 – 5 years of experience to assist engineers and project managers with general supervision in the development of plans and specifications on a number of concurrent projects.
- Within his or her technical specialty is able to design and lay out engineering drawings under the supervision of a Senior Designer, engineer, senior engineer or project manager.
- Take conceptual rough plan mark-ups and create final design documents, under the supervision of a Senior Designer, engineer, senior engineer or project manager.
- Perform calculations and utilize various Microsoft and Third Party software packages related to the design as directed by engineers, senior engineers or project managers.
- Assist in the preparation of studies, performing field surveys, documenting existing conditions, and/or recommending various design solutions.
- Performs CAD/Revit functions proficiently in discipline.
- Performs equipment takeoffs for calculation and estimating purposes.
- Performs construction inspections and documents conditions that require remediation.
- At least two (2) years of experience with a consulting engineering or electrical contractor is preferred.
- Must be proficient with AutoCAD.
- Must have a thorough understanding of the principles of Electrical design.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be proficiency with use of Microsoft Office suite of software.
- Proficiency with use of design software common in our industry is valued.
- Ability to use Revit productively is highly valued.