We are Out West Restaurant Group, the largest franchisee of Outback Steakhouse. Outback Steakhouse is an Australian theme restaurant that opened in March of 1988. At Outback Steakhouse we take food seriously, without forgetting the fun and we are proud to do things uniquely and strive to positively impact the lives of our people we call “Outbackers”. We believe if you treat people “Just Right” then success is sure to follow. It’s a culture of respect and camaraderie that breeds enthusiasm. We start with indulging each customer like a guest in our own home. We continue by committing to the success of each and every Outbacker to be trained to the best of their ability. Thank you for your interest in career opportunities at Outback Steakhouse.
Outback Steakhouse is always looking for dedicated, fun-loving people to help make our restaurants a success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you need any accommodation from the Company to enable you to perform essential job functions, please notify us.
Outback Steakhouse prohibits the use of drugs and alcohol while in the workplace or on restaurant property. Also, sexual harassment and harassment based upon race, color, national origin, religion age, gender, sexual preference or disability is prohibited and will not be tolerated.
Skills & Requirements:
- 2 years HOH experience in full-service restaurant preferred
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Team player
- Must be able to coordinate multiple tasks while maintaining required standards of operation in daily restaurant activities.
- Must strictly adhere to food quality and safety standards.
- Knowledge and adherence of Company policies and procedures to recommend appropriate solutions to restaurant problems.
- Must be available to work a variety of opens, swings and closes.
- Position requires extensive interaction with all levels of employees both HOH and FOH.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 30 lbs.
- Vision abilities to include distance, close, color, depth, and peripheral. Also, the ability to adjust focus.
- Regular use of hands to finger handles or feels objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms.
- Able to work in hot and cold environments.
- Ability to speak clearly and listen attentively to other employees, customers and managers.
- Ability to read and/or follow written and verbal instructions and implement at the same.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- Ability to understand policies and procedures and to follow them.
Our Kitchen is well designed with large working areas. As a Dish Machine Operators/Utility you may be responsible for:
- Maintaining organization and flow while washing dishes and utensils
- Practicing food safety and sanitation
- Restocking kitchen and cook line as needed throughout the shift
- General cleaning of the restaurant
- Pace and organization of Dish execution
- Clear understanding and full knowledge of how the dish machine runs and all of its chemical components
- Understanding procedures for changing out water and chemicals as needed
- Understanding procedure for cleaning floors in HOH and FOH
- Keeping the floors clean and dry
- Keeping the plates and small wares clean
- Adheres to all HOH systems and procedures as well as to all Company policies and standards
- Maintains and inspects food receiving, preparation, production, and storage areas to ensure that health and safety regulations are adhered to at all times. Corrects unsafe practices or conditions, notifies management
- Maintains all HOH cleanliness and safety standards
- Complies with all HOH systems
- Fully supports all Company and concept decisions and directives
- Displays teamwork throughout the shift
- Ensures positive customer experience by monitoring and ensuring timely delivery of food product
- Follows standardized recipes, preparation, and portioning and presentation procedures
- Maintains organized kitchen, dish, and storage areas
- Adheres to proper cleaning and maintenance of equipment and notifies management of items needing repair. Maintain kitchen cleanliness and organization for both the interior and exterior of the restaurant
- Minimizes waste and theft by ensuring proper accounting for all product and strict recipe adherence
- Cross trains to other positions when opportunities are available
- Strict adherence to meal and rest break rules
Join for the fun, stay for the career! Our goal for you as an Outbacker, is to allow your BOLD personality to shine, make it a great place to work, while exceeding concentrated customer service, bringing our Guests an AUS-SOME experience. If you are looking for a great place to work, have fun and make money, mate—learn more and apply!
Outback Steakhouse is always looking for dedicated, fun-loving people to help make our restaurants a success.