Elmer's is looking for a dishwasher to join our amazing team. A dishwasher maintains the dish room and dish machine in a sanitary and efficient manner. Ensures a consistent supply of clean-like-new dishes, glassware, trays, utensils, pots, pans, cookware, and small wares for the back and front of the house through proper washing and sanitizing processes. Our hours of operation are 6:30am to 2:30pm, so you'll never have to work a night shift!
- Free shift meal and 30% discount when dining as a Guest (and our food is delicious!)
- Employee assistance program
- Employee referral bonuses
- $5,000 company paid life insurance
- Preventative Care Plan (voluntary)
- Dental Insurance (voluntary)
- Vision Coverage (voluntary)
- Accident, Critical Care Insurance, and Hospital Indemnity plans (voluntary)
- Flexible medical & dependent care accounts (voluntary)
- 401 (K) with a company match (voluntary)
- Paid Time Off hours earned (able to use after 90-days)
- Sets up, maintains, and breaks down dish machine, including arms, screens, and baskets.
- Checks machine consistently throughout shift to ensure proper operation including:
- Water temperature is at the correct level
- Sanitation levels are within the correct ppm levels
- Correct operation
- Visually inspects dishes, glassware, cups, trays, utensils, and small wares to ensure they are clean like new
- Reports any defects to Manager on Duty immediately
- Washes and stores in proper place all dishes, glassware, cups, trays, utensils, and small wares, pots, pans, and anything else used in preparation, cooking, or storage of food items for front and back of the house.
- Ensures all sanitation solutions in dish machine and pot sinks meet specific requirements for health code standards
- Removes trash from dish room and places in dumpster.
- Cleans and sanitizes garbage cans and keeps clean liners in cans at all times.
- Maintains cleanliness and organization of utensil racks, dish storage area, mop area, and chemical storage area.
- Completes side work and extra projects as assigned
- Must have a valid Food Handler’s Card
- Must be able to meet the shift’s needs of fluctuating business demands
- Must make quality decisions relying on experience and good judgement with supervisory assistance by the manager on duty.
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment
In 1960, Walt and Dorothy Elmer opened breakfast focused Elmer’s Colonial Pancake House in Portland, OR. Truly a family owned and operated labor of love, Walt, Dorothy, and their three sons poured their hearts into serving the local community. It was an immediate success thanks to their commitment to bringing people together for home-style cooking, using only the finest ingredients.
Built on the foundation of Walt Elmer’s famous buttermilk pancakes, the original recipe for pancake batter was purchased for $1,000 and rumor has it that Walt kept it locked in his safe. We still use Walt’s original recipe today!
Over the years, the menu was expanded with lunch and dinner items and the restaurant became Elmer’s Pancake & Steakhouse. In 1966, Elmer’s began franchising and continues to grow to this day.
Today, we continue to honor the values of the Elmer’s family by delivering seasonally fresh entrees and premium, made-from-scratch favorites served with care in a warm, inviting family atmosphere.
With 14 company-operated locations throughout Oregon, Washington, Idaho, and Arizona, there are many opportunities for advancement.
We invite you to explore our career opportunities and join our team. It is our team that has made Elmer's a Northwest favorite from 1960 to today!