Speedway Construction Products, part of The Heritage Group family of companies, is looking to fill multiple Diesel Fleet Mechanic positions for our shop in the Fort Wayne area. We are interested in hearing from candidates with all experience levels.
- Maintain fleet of trucks
- Diagnosing and repairing class 8 trucks (heavy duty)
- Ability to communicate effectively to ensure efficient repairs are made
- Evaluate truck performance
- Inspect equipment
- Report mechanical issues and problems to shop manager
Competencies / Qualifications
- Experience with Cummins, Allison, Eaton, Meritor software components will be beneficial, but not necessary.
- Candidates must supply basic tools. Specialty equipment will be provided.
The work environment described here is representative of those that experienced by an employee performing the essential functions of this job.
- Shop environment
- Occasional service calls to evaluate a trucks issue or to get it back to the shop
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Works in a shop
- Works under, on or various positions on a truck
- Evaluates issues with trucks
- May lift or move up to 50 lbs.
- May occasionally be on service calls
Position type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, normally 40 hours per week. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, during normal business hours.
- Occasional service calls
Required Education and Experience:
- Experienced to Entry Level positions available
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen
- Must adhere to drug free workplace requirements, including random testing requirements
- If required to drive a company vehicle, must have or be able to obtain valid, state driver's license and meet company driver requirements
Work Authorization / Security Clearance (If Applicable)
Must be authorized to work in the United States, as verified through E-Verify. Some job sites may require additional criminal background checks