Each Delivery Driver plays an essential role in ensuring our customers receive their order in a timely and friendly manner. Delivery Drivers may spend their shifts folding boxes, taking phone orders, assisting Restaurant Associates with back of house duties including making the finest quality product, and of course, delivering food orders to our customers. A driver may spend anywhere from 30% - 70% of their shift delivering orders and will assist where needed in the restaurant when not on deliveries. The most successful Delivery Drivers perform their role safely, efficiently, and accurately, making sure all orders are correct before leaving the restaurant.
Donatos is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer:
We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, termination, promotions, or any other condition of employment or career development.
- Delivery Drivers must have a valid driver’s license, a clean driving record, and valid automobile insurance. Must maintain a driving record that meets company minimum requirements to remain in position.
- Previous Driver and/or customer service experience helpful but not required
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position safely while meeting productivity standards
- Able to lift up to up to 20 pounds consistently and up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Occasional bending and twisting
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Checks out and deliver orders.
- Safely operates a motor vehicle.
- Performs other in-store functions while not driving such as folding boxes or other cross-functional Associate level duties.
- Ensures the shift is ready for revenue by completing food prep, stocking, and pre-topping pizzas.
- Sets the next shift up for success by completing food prep, stocking prep-tables, and freezer pulls.
- Cleans and mops lobby, restrooms, and kitchen as needed.
- Effectively communicates with customers, co-workers, and managers in person or over the telephone.
- Takes customer orders over the phone.
- Accurately handles cash; gives customer correct change, completes cash check out directly after the shift with Manager.
- Follows all food safety guidelines, including handwashing, illness reporting and cleanliness.
- Follows detailed food recipes while completing subs, pizzas, and salads for customers.
Donatos is just as dedicated to our Associates as we are to our guests. After all, delivering the best food and service starts with attracting (and keeping) the very best team members.
Whether you’re looking for your first job or want to advance your career, you’ll love being part of a work environment that’s not just rewarding and fun, but supportive too. We’re committed to hiring associates who we feel will be a great fit with the Donatos family – and then empowering them to become leaders who bring out the full potential of everyone around them.