- Job ID:
- 450 Brookline Ave, Boston, MA 02215
- Clinical Research
- Employment Type:
- Full time
- Work Location:
- PTL Remote: 2-3 days remote/wk
This position will work in the newly developed Pediatric Cellular and Immunotherapy program within the Dana-Farber/Boston Children’s Cancer and Blood Disorders Center. They will support and work collaboratively with the Clinical Research Manager to conduct complex Phase I-III clinical trials using Good Clinical Practice under the auspices of the Principal Investigator. This CRC will be responsible for management of patient clinical information and assisting research team physicians and nurses with daily tasks that pertain to patient participation in CAR-T focused trials. This position involves working on Sponsor-initiated and Multi-center Investigator-Initiated trials, helping create efficient workflows and is an opportunity for growth for someone with prior clinical research experience.
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is a leader in life changing breakthroughs in cancer research and patient care. We are united in our mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. We strive to create an inclusive, diverse, and equitable environment where we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all backgrounds, and design programs to promote public health particularly among high-risk and underserved populations. We conduct groundbreaking research that advances treatment, we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers, and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
- Oversight of the clinical trials start-up process from receipt of protocols through the Scientific Review Committee and IRB submissions, and site activation activities.
- Responsible for data reporting and management, collection of source documents, use and development of case report forms, adverse events reporting, filing and archiving of study records, and resolution of data queries.
- Prepare and or complete regulatory related reports and IRB submissions. Maintain and organize study regulatory binders, enter all required study data on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure all study related samples are collected, properly prepared and shipped according to the protocol requirements and IATA/DOT regulations.
- Responsible for organizing and preparing for both internal and external auditing and study monitoring visits.
- Coordination and management of clinical trials, including communication with Sponsors and regulatory authorities.
- Close-out of clinical trials, including contributing to research articles, audit preparation, and communication with regulatory agencies and other disciplines involved.
- Interact with study participants as directed/required by the protocol and/or study team.
- May be responsible for tissue sample work.
At Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, we work every day to create an innovative, caring, and inclusive environment where every patient, family, and staff member feels they belong. As relentless as we are in our mission to reduce the burden of cancer for all, we are equally committed to diversifying our faculty and staff. Cancer knows no boundaries and when it comes to hiring the most dedicated and diverse professionals, neither do we. If working in this kind of organization inspires you, we encourage you to apply.
- Bachelor's Degree required, with 1-3 years of related experience preferred. Experience working in a medical or scientific research setting or comparable technology orientated business environment preferred.
- Excellent organization and communications skills required. Strong interpersonal skills; ability to effectively interact with all levels of staff and externals contacts. Must be detail oriented and have the ability to follow-through. Ability to effectively manage time and prioritize workload. Must practice discretion and adhere to hospital confidentiality guidelines at all times. Must have computer skills including the use of Microsoft Office.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.