OPERATIONS MANAGER SUPPORTING COMMERCIAL AND PUBLIC SECTOR CLIENTS
Our team is looking for experienced call center leaders to support commercial and public sector clients. Managers in this role coach and develop a team of 5 - 10 supervisors and are directly responsible for the performance of their team.
Candidates for this role should be experienced, highly organized, enjoy working with people, and possess a strong work ethic. A background in call center operations management is required, and customer service, technical support, or back-office experience is preferred.
This is a full-time, local, on-site position and requires employees to report to work at one of our physical contact center locations.
To be considered for this role, you must complete a full application on our company careers page, including all screening questions and a brief pre-employment test.--------------:
WHAT DOES SOMEONE IN THIS ROLE DO?
Operations managers are responsible for the day-to-day activity and development of 5-10 supervisors within a complex call center environment. The Operations Manager position is responsible for ensuring call quality from start to finish, and pro-actively seeks ways to improve the internal processes and results program-wide. Operations managers conduct regular business meetings with supervisor to complete performance reviews and coaching to ensure maximum quality and production of direct reports. Operations Managers work closely with the site director and client account managers to ensure adherence to corporate policies and procedures and the health of the account.
- Lead a team of 5-10 call center supervisors responsible for inbound and outbound representatives
- Responsible for coaching and developing reports on customer service processes and best practices.
- Manage metrics, performance criteria, policies and procedures to improve call center productivity continuously
- Drive a culture of accountability, continuous improvement, and personal excellence
- Directs workforce management activities and sets performance goals and objectives accordingly
- Develop and maintain strategy on ensuring customer satisfaction on all service interaction
- Provide team motivation and development to maximize sales opportunities
- Responsible for the overall performance and productivity of direct reports
- Responsible for weekly payroll review and submission to ensure correct entries
- Responsible for driving the growth of revenue and profit originating from a call center
- Proven ability to meet performance, efficiency, and quality assurance targets
- Monitoring of individual and team results to identify and act on both positive and negative performance
- Communicate key messages effectively to ensure that direct reports are informed of process changes
- Provide regular feedback to supervisors regarding performance wins and areas of opportunity
- Work with other departments in the organization, such as quality assurance, training, IT, and recruiting
- Develop and audit quality assurance strategies to ensure the delivery of world-class service
- Determining work procedures, preparing work schedules, and expediting workflow
- Responsible for hiring, coaching and terminating call center employees
- Be a subject matter expert on your client's business
- Manage remote employees as needed.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
WONDER IF YOU ARE A GOOD FIT FOR THIS POSITION?
The ideal candidate would share and understand the high-growth objectives of the company. This position requires an advanced degree of leadership, creative thinking, and dedication to people. The ability to professionally represent the organization internally and client-facing is a must. The right candidate will exhibit good business judgment and acumen and be comfortable collaborating with other departments and locations throughout the organization.
- Minimum of 5-years call center management experience
- Associate's degree or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience
- Exceptional interpersonal & communication skills
- Strong supervisory experience including staff development
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, Word & PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to drive sales through the actions of others
- Superior knowledge of call center tools and technology used to manage KPIs and SLAs
- Possess practical conflict resolution skills (both customer and agent conflict)
- Proven leader with advanced time management, planning, organizational and multitasking skills
- Ability and eagerness to learn new products and system
- Ability to work in a professional, fast-paced environment
- Strong understanding of the contact center environment and the key levers to enhance performance and achieve client and financial targets
- Clear, concise and practical communication skills (both oral and written)
- A solution-oriented and positive mindset that openly embraces change and stretches goals.
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to prioritize objectives with little-to-no assistance, find issues, and create and execute solutions that address those issues.
- An ability to hold team members accountable for job performance including adherence, KPI's, and process
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing, and high-pressure environment.
- Military, local, state or federal government experience is a plus.
- Graduation from an accredited two-year or four-year college or university is a plus
- Experience managing both remote and on-site reports is a plus
- Must be authorized to work in their country of residence (The United States or Canada)
- Must be willing to submit up to a LEVEL II background and/or security investigation with a fingerprint. Job offers are contingent on background/security investigation results
- Must be willing to submit to drug screening. Job offers are contingent on drug screening results.
WANT AN EMPLOYER THAT VALUES YOUR CONTRIBUTION?
We believe that hard work should pay off, so we make sure that our compensation and total rewards are competitive. Standard starting compensation is commensurate with experience. Regular reviews and raises are awarded based on tenure and performance, so our employees make more each year.
Employees earn paid time off as well as paid holidays and paid training opportunities. Regular daily, weekly and monthly incentives are part of the overall compensation our team members enjoy and include monetary incentive and prizes such as computers, tablets, phones, TV’s, trips, tickets, and even cars. In addition to our standard group benefits offering for full-time employees following 90-days of employment, all employees are eligible to opt for our MEC medical plan after only 30-days of employment. Benefits options and plans vary slightly by location.
JUST A FEW OF THE BENEFITS
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage Options
- Paid Time-Off
- Regular Raises
- Advancement Opportunity
- Fun, Engaging Work Environment
- Casual Dress Code
- Cash and Prize Contests
This job operates in a professional office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be largely sedentary and will be required to sit/stand for long periods while using a computer and telephone headset. The employee will be regularly required to operate a computer and other office equipment, including a phone, copier, and printer. The employee may occasionally be required to move about the office to accomplish tasks; reach in any direction; raise or lower objects, move objects from place to place, hold onto objects, and move or exert force up to forty (40) pounds.REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION:
Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) it is the policy of MCI and affiliates to provide reasonable accommodation when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with a disability unless such accommodation would cause undue hardship. The policy regarding requests for reasonable accommodation applies to all aspects of employment. If reasonable accommodation is needed, please contact Kate Murph, Vice President of Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org.DIVERSITY AND EQUALITY:
At MCI and its subsidiaries, we embrace differences and believe diversity is a benefit to our employees, our company, our customers, and our community. All aspects of employment at MCI are based solely on a person's merit and qualifications. MCI maintains a work environment free from discrimination, one where employees are treated with dignity and respect. All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling MCI's commitment to a diverse and equal opportunity work environment.
MCI does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. MCI will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
MCI will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, , social and recreational programs, and . In addition, it is the policy of MCI to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances where an employee works.ABOUT MCI (PARENT COMPANY):
MCI helps customers take on their CX and DX challenges differently, creating industry-leading solutions that deliver exceptional experiences and drive optimal performance. MCI assists companies with business process outsourcing, staff augmentation, contact center customer services, and IT Services needs by providing general and specialized hosting, software, staff, and services.
In 2019 Marlowe Companies Inc. (MCI) was named by Inc. Magazine as Iowa’s Fastest Growing Company in the State of Iowa and was named the 452nd Fastest Growing Privately Company in the USA, making the coveted top 500 for the first time. MCI’s subsidiaries had previously made Inc. Magazine's List of Fastest-Growing Companies 15 times respectively. MCI has fifteen business process outsourcing service delivery facilities in Iowa, Georgia, Florida, Texas, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, South Dakota, New Mexico, California, Kansas, and Nova Scotia.
Driving modernization through digitalization, MCI ensures clients do more for less. MCI is the holding company for a diverse lineup of tech-enabled business services operating companies. MCI organically grows, acquires, and operates companies that have a synergistic products and services portfolios, including but not limited to Automated Contact Center Solutions (ACCS), customer contact management, IT Services (IT Schedule 70), and Temporary and Administrative Professional Staffing (TAPS Schedule 736), Business Process Management (BPM), Business Process Outsourcing (BPO), Claims Processing, Collections, Customer Experience Provider (CXP), Customer Service, Digital Experience Provider (DXP), Account Receivables Management (ARM), Application Software Development, Managed Services, and Technology Services, to mid-market, Federal & enterprise partners. MCI now employs 10,000+ talented individuals with 150+ diverse North American client partners across the following MCI brands: GravisApps, Mass Markets, MCI Federal Services (MFS), The Sydney Call Center, OnBrand24, and Valor Intelligent Processing (VIP).DISCLAIMER:
The purpose of the above job description is to provide potential candidates with a general overview of the role. It's not an all-inclusive list of the duties, responsibilities, skills, and qualifications required for the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
As an employer supporting critical Federal, State, Provincial, and Commercial clients, we have taken steps to ensure that we remain operational while taking every precaution possible to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and keep our employees safe.
Measures include social distancing for those working on-site, frequent deep cleaning and disinfecting of workstations and common areas, daily contactless temperature checks for those essential employees working on-site, travel policies limiting travel and mandatory quarantine, reporting and quarantine processes and policies for those exposed, and requesting masks to be worn when on-site employees are not at their workstation.
For more information on MCI’s response to COVID-19 please visit www.mci.world/covid-19.