Georgia United Credit Union is a full-service financial institution founded in 1958. As an organization that is committed to service, our vision is to become the financial institution and employer of choice by consistently exceeding our member and team member expectations.
We are seeking a Fraud Prevention Specialist (hybrid). This position will work a hybrid schedule (onsite and remote). The Fraud Prevention Specialist is responsible for maintaining and promoting best practices to guard against financial crimes by identifying and analyzing fraudulent activity on transactions. Responsibilities include but are not limited to mitigating fraud across all avenues of the credit union, analyzing reports that are designed to detect potential losses, working with other financial institutions and with appropriate agencies in an effort to seek restitution, reporting of SARs and maintaining comprehensive case files on all investigations. Assisting other business units with fraud related issues as needed, all while promoting a supportive work environment. Assisting with fraud prevention software and procedures utilized by the credit union to determine the effectiveness in mitigating fraud. Most importantly, understanding and displaying absolute confidentiality in all aspects of the job function are of the utmost priority due to the sensitive nature of the position.
- Guards the Credit Union assets against fraud by analyzing and recognizing potential fraud based on scope of normal activity of accounts.
- Determines and recommends course of action to manager based on findings in fraud investigation.
- Maintains case files and report suspected fraud activity as required to necessary agencies.
- Examines data and trends of known fraud types, fraud rings, IP addresses etc. and recommend rule and process changes.
- Uses applicable software and reports, analyze accounts to determine if activity is potentially fraudulent and take appropriate action.
- Conducts phone interviews and obtain information related to account activity as needed.
- Records and reports all suspected and actual fraud losses as directed.
- Assist with the development of projects assigned that involve fraud mitigation perspectives.
- Manages day-to-day fraud issues by contacting employees, members, financial institutions and 3rd party partners.
- Raises fraud awareness and education throughout the company, with a focus on efficiency and loss prevention.
- Reviews daily, weekly and monthly reports that are assigned to detect fraudulent or potentially fraudulent activity.
- Assists the Fraud Manager in identifying and researching all activity that may be subject to Suspicious Activity Reporting (SAR) and ensure filing in accordance with regulation.
- Assists in researching of complex fraud cases.
- Ensures initial/follow-up SARs are completed accurately and filed timely.
- Completes reports, records, and documents accurately and promptly.
- Performs all other duties as requested or assigned.
- Maintains appropriate levels of confidentiality.
- Stays informed of trends and developments in the fraud and compliance field.
- Promotes and establishes strong, positive and productive working relationships within the organization through commitment to the company’s purpose, mission and core values.
- High school degree or equivalent.
- 1-2 years of progressive fraud experience.
- Thorough understanding of financial and operational functions.
- Knowledge of types of fraud and the process of identifying suspected activity.
- Understanding of related legal requirements.
- Computer proficiency with MS Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Internet, and Email.
We offer competitive compensation and a multiple-option benefit package including health, vision, dental, basic and optional life, short and long-term disability, paid time off, annual time off, service days, Traditional and Roth 401(k) plans and company matching, flexible spending account, HSA and tuition assistance.
All applications for employment must be submitted using Georgia United’s online careers website. Only candidates meeting the minimum qualifications and requirements will be considered for career opportunities.
To apply for opportunities, please visit: https://bit.ly/3GjsmB5
Georgia United Credit Union is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Georgia United participates in E-Verify