Kana Hotel Group's mission is to be one of the most admired and service quality driven hotel companies in the industry. We will accomplish our goal by creating an atmosphere of friendly employee behavior and delivering the highest quality service and value to our guests.
From our Team Members to our General Managers and Regional Support team, we seek people who have a passion for the hospitality business and want to grow with us. Most of our existing leadership team members have been promoted from within the company. As a member of our team, you will be expected to contribute your talents and energies to improve the environment and quality of the company, as well as the company’s services. In return you will be given opportunities to grow and advance in your career.
- Serve tables as determined by management by retrieving and delivering food and beverages in a timely manner
- Complete knowledge of hotel’s food and beverage preparation, menu, and pricing
- Able to use a computer to input orders and generate check
- Able to interact with guests in a friendly/fast manner
- Process various types of payment and familiar with cash and credit card handling procedures
- Maintain specific side-work and ensure the total cleanliness in the restaurant and kitchen
- Clear, clean, and prepare tables
- Check identification of guests to ensure they are of legal age to consume alcoholic beverages; Refuse to serve beverages in a polite manner to guests who are not of legal age
- When serving alcoholic beverages, observe guest’s behavior, count number of drinks served, and follow proper procedure if guest is impaired to drive by suggesting transportation by taxi service
- Escalate guest service issues to management if you are unable to resolve
- Ensure guests are satisfied during their meal service
- Report to work in a neat and clean uniform; Well-groomed hair and personal hygiene are essential
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Minimum of 6 months server experience
- Experience in hospitality preferred
- Possess basic math skills and cash-handling
- Licenses, certifications - applicable health and/or alcohol compliance card
- Ability and flexibility to work various shifts including nights, weekends, and holidays
Our company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Source : Hilton Garden Inn Odessa, TX