This opportunity is for somebody who wants an opportunity for massive growth. This role not only focuses on internal operations but is geared towards someone who wants to develop into a General Manager. This is a temporary position as it is developmental. You’re being groomed by the GM or Operating Partner to have your own Dillas location. You'll work hard to get the Manpower and Operations PRIMO in the restaurant and will play an active role alongside the GM or Operating Partner in shaping how the restaurant gives back to the community! Learn more about our story - www.dillas.com/story
If you have any questions about the brand or the opportunity, please email me directly so we can chat! Otherwise, please submit your resume so we can schedule some time to sit down!
-Kyle Gordon, Owner/Founder
The Assistant General Manager oversees the entire restaurant and provides direction for his/her entire team. This manager must excel at operations and push results through positive motivation and excellent planning. This Manager should be excellent at developing human capital so they can, in turn, have great sales and profit growth. The AGM owns the hiring process, leads all training, and instills the Dillas culture into all new hires. This Manager is a team player and lives the culture through positive energy and enthusiasm for the brand. They should always be authentic and empathetic and should live our people-first philosophy. The bottom line is that they live our Vision and deliver The Goods, day in and day out.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operations Management: Deliver “The Goods” on each shift you lead; at Dillas “The Goods” means: Good Food, Good People, and Good Times while Working Hard and Keeping It Clean! Lead high energy shifts; leverage company provided tools to run high performing shifts; be a hands-on working manager; execute key measures of shifts to include: monitor cleanliness and maintenance of restaurant to assure Dillas standards are being met in these areas; ensure all Dillas training guidelines and standards are being met or exceeded to maintain brand quality; be a Customer advocate communicating needs to Team Members to assure Customers satisfaction during shift; responsible for restaurants performance on and off scheduled shifts; ensure all food orders are prepared to Dillas standards.
- Team Management: Owns the entire hiring process at the restaurant, the last word on hiring and firing to ensure proper procedures are followed. Aligns the management team on how we hire and the steps in the process and follows up quickly with any potential new hire. Anyone that gets hired must have a sit-down interview with the AGM to ensure they are a proper fit for the needs of the restaurant. This manager ensures that the restaurant is always safe for the Team and customers by implementing and executing all safety and security procedures. AGM leads development in the restaurant by writing, implementing, or monitoring team development and performance. Creates and or approves the manager and team schedules and ensures they are put up in a timely manner and are built three weeks out. Schedules should take into consideration the expected sales, staffing needs, and should be built to maximize efficiency without sacrificing customer experience. AGM approves payroll on the admin day and aligns with all labor standards as outlined by the company. The manager implements company roll-outs and communicates all new initiatives to the managers and team members. The AGM also owns the You’re a Big Dilla program, and promotes our work hard, have fun culture!
- Financial Management: Keeps tabs on all areas of the operations and understands how to impact financial performance through great management of systems and people. The AGM is empowered to deliver facilities feedback, develop solutions to implement solutions, and has a full understanding of budgets, business planning, and cost trends that can impact the operation of the restaurant. The AGM performs ongoing financial audits, controls cash, property, product, equipment, builds sales, and meets or exceeds food, labor, and other costs. The AGM should take ownership of the restaurant and lead the team to hit aggressive goals and business metrics.
- Facility Management: Maintain restaurant cleanliness and image by implementing the Dillas systems and procedures for cleanliness. Must immediately address maintenance or facility issues and practice preventative maintenance to reduce avoidable issues. Use the systems provided by Dillas to coach and develop a high-performing team. The AGM should never be afraid to ask for help and leverage the support of peers or the Home Office. The AGM is in charge of risk management and ensuring the restaurant is fully aligned with company standards for safety and security.
- Must have the ability to inspire, empower, and lead a high-performing team.
- Ability to align the Team with Dillas culture by balancing working hard and good times.
- Ability to manage tasks overarching multiple areas of the restaurant and the restaurant’s Team.
- Takes initiative.
- Has excellent verbal and written skills.
- Ability to recognize problems and solve them or contact DM to support the resolution.
- Ability to set goals and convert plans into action.
- The intellectual and physical demands described below are representative of what must be met by an AGM to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Minimum of High School Diploma or equivalent required, some College preferred
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Proficient in a variety of technology systems, especially Google Suite (docs, sheets, slides)
- On occasion, may be required to lift and carry, push or pull heavy objects up to fifty pounds; kneel, bend or stoop, ascend or descend stairs; reach and grasp objects
- Industry-leading pay
- Enthusiastic Culture
- Telehealth Benefits
- Cause-driven Community Impact
- A seat at the leadership table with the Founder
- Guaranteed Bonus Program
- Flexible work schedules
- Free Food
- 80 Hours Paid Time Off
- Closed Every Major Holiday
- Ongoing Career Development
- 4 Formal Reviews per year (pay increase opportunities)
- Salary: $40,000 to $50,000 /year
*The salary range includes a guaranteed P&L ownership bonus.