Piper Companies is looking to identify a candidate for a Research Animal Technician position in Gaithersburg, MD. The Research Animal Technician will be working within a well-established Research Organization providing hands-on technical support to various ongoing scientific studies.
Responsibilities of the Research Animal Technician:
- Responsible for assisting in day-to-day activities involving live animal models including nonhuman primates and mice in order to support scientific investigations and animal research studies.
- Will be working within a GLP laboratory performing techniques that are supportive of the intended research provided in the approved protocol.
- Provide hands-on technical support to all sample processes including dose administration, sample collection, sample testing, live bleeds, IV injections, IP injections, animal handling, animal monitoring, tissue collection, and documenting study sample outcomes.
Qualifications of the Research Animal Technician:
- Holds a bachelor’s degree in a Scientific Research Field preferred but not required
- 1+ years of in-vivo animal research-related laboratory experience; veterinary technician experience is also considerable.
- Experience in one or more of the following: animal handling, IP injections, tissue extraction, tissue harvest, collecting blood samples, euthanasia, live bleeds, animal perfusion, viral injections, etc. is required to be considered at a level II and up.
Compensation for the Research Animal Technician:
- Salary: $20/hr.-$26/hr. and up (Commensurate with experience)
- Benefits: Medical, Health, Dental, Vision, 401k,
Keywords: Animal Tech, Research Technician, studies, Micro pipetting, veterinary technician, Vet tech, cell culture, Elisa, influenza, vaccine therapies, plaque assays, viral load, PRNP, neutralization assays, pipetting, Live bleeds, monkeys, mice, pigs, ferrets, nonhuman primates, ferrets, mice, gunnie pigs, animal research, NHP, tissue extraction, ELISA, ELISPOT, kits, standardized abstraction, dna, immunology, immunogen, samples, blood samples, dissecting, in-vivo, assay, standard operation procedures, sop, molecular, tissues, cells, replicate, biology, molecules, molecular technician, medical, dental, vision, 401k, pto