Bachelorâ€™s degree in Engineering, a related specialized area or field is required plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
The selected candidate must be able to obtain a Department of Defense Secret security clearance within a reasonable amount of time from date of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.Responsibilities for this Position:
The responsibility is career-defining. So is the opportunity. At General Dynamics Mission Systems, we invent the technologies, products and services, that help our nationâ€™s heroes keep our nation safe. The work is so advanced, our teams regularly redefine innovation and excellence for the world. If youâ€™re looking for a challenge, youâ€™ve just found it.
We apply advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, AR/VR, Cloud Native and Quantum Physics to solve our customersâ€™ missions in cyber, RF, undersea, interstellar space and everything in between.
GDMS is the leader in development & test of on-orbit communication payloads. This position entails supporting the development of Special Test Equipment used for the verification and performance testing of full payloads and payload subsystems development during Integration & Test. As the Advanced Test Engineer, your main focus will be LabVIEW Programming and will work on-site at our GDMS Scottsdale facility supporting the development of command and control software used for automated test and data collection in qualification testing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working with a collaborative engineering team building designing and programming automated test systems
- Serves as LabVIEW programmer generating user interfaces to acquire test data and control payload systems
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and required skills
Education & Experience:
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in in Engineering, Math or Science with a minimum of 5 - 7 years of experience with of professional LabVIEW programming experience.
- Experience in supporting the design & programming of automated test equipment
- Experience with user interfaces to obtain data and control systems under test
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Professional, good interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and working in a dynamic environment
- Passionate about creating an inclusive workplace where people from different backgrounds can succeed
- LabVIEW programing preferably with training certification
- Familiarity with lab instrumentation such RF sources, RF measurement equipment (Network & Spectrum Analyzers, RF power meters) and computers
- Highly proficient use and understanding of test engineering concepts, principles, and theories
- Strong background in electrical test techniques and electronics
- Knowledgeable use of test equipment logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, and signal generators
- Work with a test team to troubleshoot complex technical issues
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. A DoD Secret is required for this position. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran