Under the supervision of the COO, the Operations Coordinator is responsible for a wide range of administrative duties. This position is responsible for planning and coordinating day-to-day operations requests for all MNHC sites. Additionally, required is the ability to multitask across major areas under the responsibility of the Chief Operating Officer (COO).
This position requires exceptional communication skills, the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, and intermediate/advanced computer skills.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
The Operations Coordinator has the following responsibilities and duties:
- Maintains COO’s meeting schedule and deadlines. Sends memos and other forms of correspondence as directed. Sorts incoming correspondence including email for review by COO and for re-routing as necessary
- As assigned, schedules meetings, prepares agendas, records minutes, and prepares reports. Ensures timely follow-up of committee members’ action items
- Screens telephone calls and visitors for COO. Takes detailed and accurate messages
- Effectively triages operations/facility related requests with appropriate attention to the level of urgency and availability of resources; develops corresponding work assignments for the maintenance worker
- Monitors the completion of assignments by the maintenance worker to ensure the quality of the work and adherence to the specified timeline; communicates effectively with all sites/departments impacted by the work performed
- Develops and maintains an accurate directory of vendors related to facility maintenance, and establishes his/herself as the primary liaison for these vendors (vendors include but are not limited to janitorial, pest control, plumber, electrician, HVAC, carpenters and other building functions); coordinates repairs of equipment and facility, as necessary
- Develops, maintains, and collects various reports related to operations outcomes
- Ensures the adequate stocking of janitorial and maintenance supplies and efficient re-ordering of materials
- Organizes and maintains the organizations recycling and composting programs for all MNHC sites. Providing ongoing education to staff regarding the program.
- Partners with Clinic Management to schedule execute quarterly inspections of all sites, completes documentation, and follows up on any corrective actions
- Creates and manages preventive maintenance schedules for all equipment, ensuring documentation is complete, available, and up to date
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Under the direction of the Executive Coordinator, participates in activities, deliverables, and priorities of the organization
- Assists Operations Department Heads as necessary
Qualifications & Requirements
The Operations Coordinator should have the following skills, education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience in a field that develops the skills required for the functions and responsibilities of the position.
- Minimum of two-three years of strong administrative experience required. Experience in health care setting, preferred.
- Must demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of applications
- Strong organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service skills and experience
- Must be able to work independently, as well as with a diverse team.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication, listening, organizational, and problem-solving skills necessary.
- Experience in facilities management
- Bilingual, English/Spanish preferred
Who We Are: The Mission Neighborhood Health Center (MNHC) is a non-profit, multi-site community health organization offering comprehensive health services in the Mission and Excelsior Districts of San Francisco. We offer primary health care services including adult medicine, pediatrics, behavioral health, family planning, OB/GYN, HIV, homeless services, optometry and dental services. We advocate for health equity and deliver innovative, high quality services responsive to the neighborhoods and diverse communities we serve with a focus on the Latino Spanish-Speaking Communities
- Medical Insurance – MNHC pays 90-100% based on plan
- Dental and Vision Insurance – free to employee
- Flex Spend Accts for health & dependent care expenses
- Life Insurance – free basic policy plus voluntary option
- Vacation – 2 weeks (3 weeks after 5 yrs; 4 weeks after 8 yrs)
- 12 Paid Holidays plus your birthday and 12 Sick Days each year
- 40 hours Paid Educational Leave
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company Contribution
Powered by JazzHR