OU Health Stephenson Cancer Center is Oklahomarsquo;s only National Cancer Institute (NCI)-Designated Cancer Center, and one of only 71 NCI-Designated Cancer Centers in the United States. This highly competitive accreditation ensures that our patients receive the highest standard of care and have access to the most advanced cancer treatment options.
The Stephenson Cancer Center is now hiring for a Research Technician. This position provides assistance to a research staff by conducting simple research experiments, collecting data and samples, keeping records, conducting literature searches, analyzing data, and preparing reports.
- Conducts simple research and laboratory analysis to include but not limited to measure and weigh compounds and solutions, isolate, identify and prepare specimens, and collect samples and other research data
- Assist in simple clinical research projects collecting data from patients and/or participates in a study or project
- Collects various forms of data pertaining to the research project or projects, which could include database information patient consent forms, and/or hard files
- Interprets and analyzes data and discusses with principal investigator
- Prepares reports concerning the progress of the project
- Keeps detailed logs of all research related activities
- Conducts literature searches
- Conducts data analyses, interprets results, summarizes findings, and presents to Principal Investigator
- Performs various duties as needed to successfully fulfill the function of the position
Education: Bachelorrsquo;s Degree in a Biological Science, Chemistry, Physics, Psychology, Sociology, or other health related field.
Equivalency/Substitution: Will accept 48 months experience in lieu of BS Degree.
- Knowledge of laboratory safety procedures and regulations.
- Proficient with computers including data software and Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, and Word)
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to be detail oriented.
- Ability to collect and analyze data.
- Physical: Standing for prolonged periods. Manual dexterity. Reaching, bending, stooping, and walking.
- Environmental: Laboratory Environment. Exposure to chemicals, biohazardous materials, carcinogens, or other hazardous materials.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, admissions, employment, financial aid, housing, services in educational programs or activities, and health care services that the University operates or provides.
The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving a diverse, equitable, and inclusive university community by recognizing each person#39;s unique contributions, background, and perspectives. The University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a sense of belonging and emotional support for all, recognizing that fostering an inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit of academic and inclusive excellence in all aspects of our institutional mission.