The Department of Oncology Science is now hiring for a Research Technician. This position provides assistance to a research staff by conducting simple research experiments, collecting data and samples, keeping records, conducting literature searches, analyzing data, and preparing reports.
- Conducts simple research and laboratory analysis to include but not limited to measure and weigh compounds andsolutions, isolate, identify and prepare specimens, and collect samples and other research data
- Assist in simple clinical research projects collecting data from patients and/or participates in a study or project
- Collects various forms of data pertaining to the research project or projects, which could include database information,patient consent forms, and/or hard files
- Interprets and analyzes data and discusses with PrincipalInvestigator
- Prepares reports concerning the progress of the project
- Keeps detailed logs of all research related activities
- Conducts literature searches
- Conducts data analyses, interprets results, summarizes findings, and presents to PrincipalInvestigator
- Performs various duties as needed to successfully fulfill the function of the position.
Education: Bachelorrsquo;s Degree in a Biological Science, Chemistry, Physics, Psychology, Sociology, or other health related field
Equivalencies/Substitutions: Will accept 48 months experience in lieu of Bachelor#39;sDegree
- Knowledge of laboratory safety procedures and regulations
- Proficient with computers including data software and Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, and Word)
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing
- Ability to be detail oriented
- Ability to collect and analyze data
Physical: Standing for prolonged periods. Manual dexterity. Reaching, bending, stooping, and walking.
Environmental: Laboratory Environment. Exposure to chemicals, biohazardous materials, carcinogens, or other hazardous materials.