PAY GRADE: I
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
Supervises the operations of a school site kitchen and its personnel. Incumbents purchase inventory directly from suppliers, audits and maintains related records, inventory levels, supplies, and production, and oversees the activities, scheduling, and training of workers.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: (positions in this class typically require):
High School Diploma or G.E.D., and two years of food handling, service, preparation and/or cashiering experience and one year of lead or supervisory experience; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
LICENSING REQUIREMENTS: (positions in this class typically require):
· Food Services Manager Certificate (Serve Safe or equivalent). May aquire within 30 days of employment.
KNOWLEDGE: (position requirements at entry):
· Supervisory principles;
· Operational aspects of a high school or multiple school kitchen(s);
· Inventory control techniques;
· Nutrition principles;
· Bookkeeping principles;
· Safe work practices;
· Principles of health, sanitation, and safety involved in the preparation of food on a large scale;
· Methods, equipment, and ingredients used in preparing and cooking foods;
· Use, care, and cleaning of kitchen equipment and utensils;
· Applicable Federal and state regulations regarding food safety and sanitation.
Positions in this class typically require: stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motions.
Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Incumbents may be subjected to moving mechanical parts, odors, chemicals, extreme temperatures, inadequate lighting, workspace restrictions, and intense noises.
The above job description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the business needs of the department.
Return To Work Retirees will have an hourly rate approximately 9% lower than listed below without falling below minimum wage.
Source : Scottsdale Unified School District