PAY GRADE: G
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
Under direction of a school nurse, provides for basic health needs of students and other employees. Duties include: assisting with special needs students’ personal and hygiene needs; conducting hearing and sight screenings; maintaining medical records; administering medications according to instructions; and monitoring students’ condition. Incumbents may also perform routine clerical duties.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: (positions in this class typically require):
High School Diploma or G.E.D.; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
LICENSING REQUIREMENTS: (positions in this class typically require):
· Ability to obtain First Aid, AED and CPR certification within 30 days of employment.
KNOWLEDGE: (position requirements at entry):
· Modern office equipment and procedures;
· Customer service principles.
SKILLS: (position requirements at entry):
· Providing customer service;
· Using a computer and related software applications;
· Operating modern office equipment;
· Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
Positions in this class typically require: reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for Sedentary Work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for Light Work.
The above job description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the business needs of the department.
Return To Work Retirees will have an hourly rate approximately 9% lower than listed below without falling below minimum wage.
Source : Scottsdale Unified School District