We are seeking an Applications Engineer to join our highly energetic Business Innovation and Technology Services (BITS) team. As a member of our team, the individual will work directly with other Application and Database Engineers, Architects, and our internal client team. The individual must be well-versed in designing, coding, and supporting dynamic / scalable solutions, leveraging various application development technologies. This is a unique position which requires a diverse range of skills and must use a team-oriented approach in the development and support of our technical solutions. The candidate will work collaboratively with our internal and external customers to design, develop and support highly innovative technology solutions. Candidate must have solid verbal/written, organizational and presentation skills, and be comfortable leading and directing others to accomplish the goals and objectives of the organization.
Demonstrated experience in the development of web applications
- 5-7+ years demonstrated experience building enterprise level web applications.
- Strong ASP.NET Core, .NET Core, MVC 5+ / HTML / REST
- Utilization of .NET Blazor a plus.
- Proficient in Razor Markup
- Strong skillset within Entity Framework, ideally with EF Core 6+.
- Experience using 3rd Party development controls: DevExpress preferred.
- Experience with Entity Developer and other ORM Mappers/Tools.
- Strong knowledge of Web API, JSON development
- Experienced in Responsive and Adaptive web site design.
- Experience with SQL Server 2017/2019 and Oracle RDBMS, Stored Procedures and/or PL/SQL
- Experience using source code control systems, such as GIT, TFS and GitKraken
- Knowledgeable with BI platforms design and development.
- Strong knowledge and skill with Visual Studio 2019 / 2022.
- Have some familiarity with and comprehension of Java J2EE applications.
- Additionally, familiarity or experience with Spring and Hibernate is a plus.
- Design and implement technical solutions that are efficient, scalable, and maintainable
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of project tasks and schedules
- Accurately estimate the time and resources required to complete development work and tasks.
- Assist in providing programming estimates identifying potential problems and recommending alternative solutions
- Work in close cooperation with functional team members to form a team effort in development
- Coordinate configuration of back-end components in support of application development
- Perform analysis and debugging
- Provide direction/shares knowledge with team members in areas of expertise
- Strives to continuously learn, including from team members
- Continuously act to enhance knowledge of new technologies, business processes, and project management skills, staying abreast of trends, latest industry developments and knowledge sharing among colleagues
- Provide development and support for portions of one or more applications which may span multiple product or platform development teams
- Complete assigned initiatives on time and with a high degree of quality as outlined on project and program specifications
- Assist and/or lead the development and presentation of product demonstrations to staff
- Report status of assigned software development and/or maintenance tasks
- Firm understanding of SDLC methodologies; inclusive of Waterfall and Agile-SCRUM
- U.S. Citizen or Eligibility to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Ability to Work On-Site
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills, analytical and problem research / solving skills